• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June - Burger Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. All I do is speculate. THP is the rule-maker.

Well, I try to help ensure no one gets DQ'd, too....

I smack talk Ann with a grain of salt.

I don't mess with the Corrector.

Aw, I don't worry about you, TB, I know Mrs. Blues has things firmly in hand around your household. ;)

Can a veggie burger be served cold?

yea, but then it's called a veggie patty SANDWICH......

can't think of a single ground meat (or other/veggie) patty type concoction served cold on bread that is called a burger.

Burger=Hot
Sandwich=Cold

but that's just me, and I'm prolly wrong....usually am.....;)

OK, someone post a cold ground up patty type concoction that is served cold.

Sum, just because it hasn't been done before doesn't mean you shouldn't try it! i'm sure there is a very good reason why no restaurant has ever served a cold ground meat/veg type product and this could be your Golden Ticket!

[sub]darn, foiled again! [/sub]

[sub]hmmmmm, off to the next red herring~[/sub]

Oy. If you really want to get technical, a burger is a type of sammie that just happens to be hot. Most of the time. Philly cheesesteak? Sammie. Panini? Sammie. Hot or cold, slap something between two slices of bread, and you have a sammie. What makes a burger is the ground patty.

Now cold.... anyone who's ever eaten cold pizza (you KNOW you have!) can attest that a cold veggie burger MIGHT be good, if done right. In my mind, most of us are stepping outside the box on this one (I am definitely a red meat and seafood kind of chick, no lie), so going cold instead of hot takes it one step further. IF done well, of course. Still, I'll admit you'd have some convincing to do.... plus, of course, THP will have to decide if cold is ok or not. But, IMHO, if you can make a good argument for cold, I can't see why not.

What's your ground part in those?

Nuts, chocolate, Heath or other candy bars, bubble gum, strawberries.........

Well my Liver has been more like the conjoined twin I never knew.... I will be doing this Veggie TD whilst NA... Its gonna be AWESOME !!!

I don't care if it's cold I'm sure those raw food joints do it.

Binders though? I guess you'd cook it first. Whatev!

FD4 stands for FaileD b4. Fail again! :lol:

when is this starting my wife needs to take pic of ingridents. she has to soak something over night and has to go to work tonight. so start this non meat hating on everything that is right with food throwdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back