• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

JungleRain's 2010/2011 season

Ah, no worries, I was just curious is all.

Do you do any of your own crossing?

I'm definitely gonna experiment with it a little next season.

around 50% of all the hybrids I have are mine
good luck with the crossing this season, once you have a successfull cross thats hardest part of the work done...
then is time to select the traits you want
I breed parrots and am interested in their genetics of inheritance with their color mutations,
so this is just another step of my interest, its great to see the outcomes you can end up with

Hey Grant,
Just a quick one, first off, all the pics look great as per usual!! I (finally) put aside a few seeds from the Bhut x GWH and I have a few Scorp x GWH waiting to ripen up. And yes, strangly enough, the Scorp x GWH ar inverted like last season and same shape too. I haven't any pics yet but will get some next week when I get home again.

Take it easy mate. You'll have a little prezzy in the mail with in a week or two.

:cheers:
Jas

Here is my 2nd variation of the Bhut Jolokia chocolate x 7pot/pod yellow,
It's alot hotter than the other one, this is the one I'll continue with next season

Bhut Jolokia chocolate x 7pot/pod yellow V2 F3

BhutJolokiachocolatex7potpodyellowV1F3.jpg

Comparison_BhutJolokiachocolatex7potpodyellowV1_V2F33.jpg

BhutJolokiachocolatex7potpodyellowV2F39.jpg

BhutJolokiachocolatex7potpodyellowV2F35.jpg

BhutJolokiachocolatex7potpodyellowV2F38.jpg

The Choc Bhut x 7pot yellow looks like a mustard colour. Love that last pod! Awesome purple colour!

the other varient V2 of the Choc Bhut x 7pot yellow is a real caramel color and is much hotter than the other V1 You can even see the inner wall is covered in capsaicin
this variation of (still unstable) Pimenta Elisa AISPES pod is a nice purple coloration which overlays a peach color,
I'm not sure tet if this is the final color or still to color up but the seeds look mature i'll post some more pics of this one again soon...

The Pimenta colour reminds me of the CGN 21500 that I grew this season. the colouring finishes with a peachy purple colour. Not quite the same but similar. I found the more peachy colour it had the riper it was.

cgn21500singlepod.jpg

...and a few more!!!

Pimenta Elisa AISPES blk_Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta de Neyde

PimentaElisablk_BhutJolokiaxPimentadeNeyde2.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion x Pimenta Morango

TrinidadScorpionxPimentaMorango3-1.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Green

TrinidadScorpionGreen.jpg

Brazillian Interior

BrazillianInterior3-1.jpg

C. Tovari

CTovari3.jpg

C. Lanceolatum

CLaneolatum4.jpg

Cuppucino Kapowie

CuppucinoKapowie.jpg

Whiteflower C. Pubescens

WhiteflowerCPubescens4.jpg

WhiteflowerCPubescens-1.jpg

Beautiful!!! I'm jealous that you are still getting pods. All mine have stopped now.
How did you end up germinating the lanceolatum? I had about 3 tries and shared seeds with 2 others and none of us had any luck. The flower looks pretty have you got a shot of the inside of the flower?

I got it to germinate first time, I think it likes shade and slightly cooler/wetter conditions...I'll try and get some pics tomorrow of the inside of the flower...

Back