• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Just another day in LA

Here's an excellent example of "Just another Day in Los Angeles". I live at the base of the Hollywood Hills (a nice neighborhood) and heard a police helicopter circling above last night. I decided to go out and check. They were shinning a light on the next block. I waited to make sure the light wasn't going into my backyard and then went in a few minutes later. The copter left in about 5 minutes. Tigger wanted to go for a walk 20 minutes later (and when that dog wants to go for a walk, you better take him for a walk). We ended up going to the block where the light was shinning and there was a bunch of cop cars. One of the cops had just lit up some flares and was standing there...here's the conversation that ensued:

Dave: Hey dude! What's going on?
Cop: Oh, some guy took too many drugs and decided to run down the street naked.
Dave: What?
Me: Are you serious?
Cop: Does it look like I'm in the position to be joking?
Dave: No, it's just that that's a little unusual around here.
Cop: Not in my world it isn't.
[laughter]
Me: Did you catch him?
Cop: Yep, he got off the bus and ran around, we got the call and apprehended him
Dave: Well, at least he didn't have any weapons hidden on him.
[Cop does a slight double take and smirked)
Cop: Ya, that's true. But he tried to break into a few places to hide from us.
[looks to the right and sees some cars heading our way]
Cop: Well, thanks for talking, have a good night.
Me and Dave: Thanks!
[walk away laughing]

We had a good 30 minutes of just going off on the situation. Like, did he get on the bus naked? Did the dude just get naked on the bus and ring for his stop...get off the bus and then run around. Did he stop into the market for something to eat first...while naked? When they asked him to pay did he say "Oh darn, I left my wallet on the bus!"

What's even better is the only bus stop by that street is at the "Franklin Strip" (really) where there are bars and shops...EVERYONE must have saw the dude!

Alternate Conversations:
1. Cop: Oh, some guy took too many drugs and decided to run down the street naked.
Me: Wow! That must be some good drugs...does he have any left?
: starts to walk towards the dude :

2. Cop: Oh, some guy took too many drugs and decided to run down the street naked.
:: I walk up to his cop car and cup my hands looking into the back seat ::
Me: Is he in hear? Wow is that a shot gun? Can I play with it?

Maybe it wasn’t drugs…..could have been that he had just consumed a naga morich and had to peel off his clothes:onfire:
kinda like you started doing with your shorts when the heat kicked in.:D

Btw did the guy have snot on his lip by chance:?:

Man, having a conversation with a cop just after an incident.

Here in Jersey it would have been something like this:
Me - Hey man, what happended?
Cop - Shut the f*ck up or I run you in too.

End of conversation...

LOL DEFCON:lol:

Here in my valley it would go like this.

Riinnnnnng

Me Hello

Neighbor Hey Hillbilly, Could ya fire your loader and help bury this stupid frickn dead naked guy?

Me Sure, and I’ll bring some beer. See ya in a minute

DEFCON Creator said:
Man, having a conversation with a cop just after an incident.

Here in Jersey it would have been something like this:
Me - Hey man, what happended?
Cop - Shut the f*ck up or I run you in too.

End of conversation...

yep...been on the wrong end of that bullsh*t before....next time, i ain't saying sh*t in support of my stupid friends...

Hillbilly Chili said:
Neighbor Hey Hillbilly, Could ya fire your loader and help bury this stupid frickn dead naked guy?

Me Sure, and I’ll bring some beer. See ya in a minute

Not to mention a shovel and a big bag of quick-lime.

imaguitargod said:
Both of you are cracking me up! Most of the time cops around here are pritty cool about things...most of the times.....

Come to "New Jermany", beware of the cops with taps on their boots and extended clips in their Glock 10's.

Lime is a must! and we roll em in carpet too. We've got a sign right off the highway that says " If you are found here at night,You will be found here in the morning" So we figure its legal and all. Never checked with a lawyer or anything though. We cant get one to come out:-)

DEFCON Creator said:
Come to "New Jermany", beware of the cops with taps on their boots and extended clips in their Glock 10's.
Welcome to the martial law police state my friend. We hope you enjoy your stay. Please proceed to your first check point for your manditory vactinations, finger printing, biometric scanning, and we will then present you with you RFID travel pass. :D

: Takes off clothes and runs past check points :

"Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!"

Hillbilly Chili said:
Never checked with a lawyer or anything though. We cant get one to come out:-)
They're a bunch of wiggly ones. Hard to kill those guys too...they usually escape from their graves at night...

Hillbilly Chili said:
Never checked with a lawyer or anything though. We cant get one to come out:-)

It's not my practice area, but what the hell: Consider this your official shooty* lawyer approval certificate. The sign's not threatening anyone, and frankly, moving them would probably breach their human rights anyhow.

There. Does that help? :D

My father in law is an ex-copper. And a previous UK judo champ, but that's beside the point. He tells great stories about pulling bodies out of rivers, and because they've been soaking overnight, the arms come off.

ya. PCP will do some seriously wrong stuff to people, and it'll make them do some seriously wrong stuff to others as well

As for the taking clothes off stuff, i never did that(well, not in public anyway....with my girlfriend in the bedroom, yes, but never in public)

Back