Just found this forum!

Been growing chiles for a few years, but I have become obsessed over the last two years!

This forum seems pretty good and well used.

I mostly container garden on a small patio, and I have been searching for the perfect versatile pepper(s).

It has been a struggle this year battling torrential rains, wind, and BLS (which benefits from the rain)!

On my patio:
Piquin (from a guy who got the seeds from his cousin who got it from his Grandmother's backyard in Vera Cruz, Mexico) It is a C. frutescens not C.
annuum)
Orange Habanero
Beni Highland
Red Scotch Bonnet
Fatalii
Serrano
Guajillo/Puya
Trupti
Tobago seasoning
De Arbol
Chocolate Habanero
Santaka
Peruvian Serlano

In my rented space/swamp:
Carmen
Guajillo
Mirasol "mexican improved"
Chimayo
Tabasco
Congo Trinidad
Trinidad Perfume
and some others....

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Welcome from your neighbor in Ohio. I found Pueblos (upward clump growers) and Thai hots (little 1 inch guys) are great for container gardening. And produce tons of peppers per plant.

Been growing chiles for a few years, but I have become obsessed over the last two years!

This forum seems pretty good and well used.

I mostly container garden on a small patio, and I have been searching for the perfect versatile pepper(s).

It has been a struggle this year battling torrential rains, wind, and BLS (which benefits from the rain)!
Man... I know how that is by now. Wind is less of a problem for me, but BS and heavy rains are really upsetting this year. BS-affected plants are in the ground and therefore unable to be moved out of the rain, and the bacteria appears to be having a great time (at the expense of my temper and mood--but never fear, beer is here). Next year, I will most likely go purely pots and protect the plants from any rain whatsoever if possible (though I will need to rethink my container size for optimum space saving/soil efficiency vs. water retention, because for some plants my current containers are too small). I just think I need more control, because rain splashing on the leaves all the time without an easy way to prevent it makes my garden a living hell.

I'll save my garden for things like tomatoes, sunflowers, watermelons and pumpkins if I attempt to grow them again, and I'm gonna start to go crazy on the protection from animals--they've been little problem for most plants, but the damn groundhogs (which are not proven, but suspected) keep destroying my sunflowers. Pisses me off--a waste of seeds, fertilizer, and overall... $$$. Furry little pricks.

Welcome from Fort Worth

Back