• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

powder-flake just made naga powder and looks like the house is off limits !!

I bought 3 coffee grinders to see which one is the best and $6.99 $19.99 and $39.99 seems to mean nothing as the $6.99 unit works just as good as the highest priced one !!

seeds and all are now a powder .

I suggest that you make this powder outside and not in the kitchen with a few beer and the wife and dogs watching tv in the next room.

my big zip lock baggie of nagas from the dehydrator were hand crushed and de stemmed put in the grinder and all was well till I hit the switch and spun them into a fine mist that was let out when i opened the grinder to dump it in the bowl.

I got it good in the nose and sneezed and shortly after the dogs and wife hit the front door.

that was about an hour ago and it seemed to have cleared .

so ya !!! do this outside!!

shayneyasinski said:
I bought 3 coffee grinders to see which one is the best and $6.99 $19.99 and $39.99 seems to mean nothing as the $6.99 unit works just as good as the highest priced one !!

seeds and all are now a powder .

I suggest that you make this powder outside and not in the kitchen with a few beer and the wife and dogs watching tv in the next room.

my big zip lock baggie of nagas from the dehydrator were hand crushed and de stemmed put in the grinder and all was well till I hit the switch and spun them into a fine mist that was let out when i opened the grinder to dump it in the bowl.

I got it good in the nose and sneezed and shortly after the dogs and wife hit the front door.

that was about an hour ago and it seemed to have cleared .

so ya !!! do this outside!!

yep making powder with the superhots is an out door job or have a wacking great extractor fan :lol:

QuadShotz said:
No Worries..I live alone..so nobody around to freak out. ;)

Jammy git..i had major kick in the ass when i was doing some fatalli..the dogs got out first..then the wife..lol then me :)

these superhot powders hit you in a crazy way!!!
kinda like burning extract on the bbq.

just think what a half pound of naga powder would do in a bank compared to a gun!!! sure a gun can kill but powder would have every one out the door .

or the old flour in the hairdryer trick but with powder.

shayneyasinski said:
these superhot powders hit you in a crazy way!!!
kinda like burning extract on the bbq.

just think what a half pound of naga powder would do in a bank compared to a gun!!! sure a gun can kill but powder would have every one out the door .

or the old flour in the hairdryer trick but with powder.

Don't say that too loud or they're after you!;)

I've done my fair share of sneezing after grinding. I finally started taking a few minutes to do something else after the final spin of the blades and give the powder time to settle. Haven't had a problem since.

patrick said:
I've done my fair share of sneezing after grinding. I finally started taking a few minutes to do something else after the final spin of the blades and give the powder time to settle. Haven't had a problem since.
that really seems thhe way to do it. It's the finer particles that mess with you. I just sorted some seeds and was careful not to touch anything and my left nostril is on fire. i blame the fataliis for this one.

Ha. I was drying some orange habs in the oven slowly and got impatient. Checking the pan, I pulled the ones that were totally dried and then stuck the remaining couple onto a plate and into the microwave, thinking that it just wasn't worth it to stick them back into the oven. It's all a haze...I think I set it to go for a minute (but, it could've been two) and when I opened the microwave door the lethal steam that poured out caused all of us to race out of the house coughing and sneezing. It took about an hour to clear out the fumes. I wasn't the hero that day.

When I was dehydrating the seven pot peppers and grinding them in our "Magic Bullet," I left the grinder still for an hour or so until I was sure that the dust had settled and opened it carefully. Some still wafted around, causing the inevitable complaints, but for the most part was not too bad.

Hey! I don't like the ammonia smell from the hair dye, but it's all part of sharing the living space with other humans, I guess.

PrairieChilihead said:
Ha. I was drying some orange habs in the oven slowly and got impatient. Checking the pan, I pulled the ones that were totally dried and then stuck the remaining couple onto a plate and into the microwave, thinking that it just wasn't worth it to stick them back into the oven. It's all a haze...I think I set it to go for a minute (but, it could've been two) and when I opened the microwave door the lethal steam that poured out caused all of us to race out of the house coughing and sneezing. It took about an hour to clear out the fumes. I wasn't the hero that day.

When I was younger I used to go to baseball camp every summer. One year someone put some kind of pepper in the microwave and set it on high for like 20 minutes. The entire dormitory was cleared out. It was ridiculous, and the smell lingered for the entirety of the camp. The smoke set off the fire alarms too.

fineexampl said:
I just sorted some seeds and was careful not to touch anything and my left nostril is on fire. i blame the fataliis for this one.

The same exact thing happened to me...grinding Fatalii's and Devil's Tongue, unknowingly touched my left nostril when I was done and when I got it my car to head out, I kept wondering why the outside of my left nostril was on fire...

PrairieChilihead said:
Hey! I don't like the ammonia smell from the hair dye, but it's all part of sharing the living space with other humans, I guess.
I take it the wife dosen't read the board or you are comfy on the sofa. But I agree

I didn't dry or powder superhots until now and didn't cause stampede with the habs. But when I dried and powdered the vinegar pickled Cayenne my wife went berserk. I'm not allowed to do them again inside! But she likes the powder in the salad.

naganero said:
I take it the wife dosen't read the board or you are comfy on the sofa. But I agree

My wife is neither interested nor inclined to read these posts!! She thinks it's kind of silly:lol: But, it would come as no surprise to her that I do not like the smell of ammonia. I have not made it a secret.

PrairieChilihead said:
This line is hilarious. Germany - Canada ... Wives are wives the world over.

That's true! But next year we will move to another rented house. It has a granny/in-law/au pair unit. Our big boys will use it when they're there for the weekends and I will use the kitchen as my chili alchemy lab when they're not around... :hell: So poof! Problems gone. :lol:

Since I use an old coffee grinder, I do the same thing I do when grinding espresso...whack the thing on the top when I'm done to make the collected dust settle off of the top, then let it sit a few.

Oh, and open it away from my face...lol

Worst part is funneling into a jar..that's the risky part.

Back