• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Kevins 2014 late start Glog

OK folks I am here with my later then late 2014 grow. My goal is too get a few pods off each of 10 different plants.

I have in the germination bed 5 of each of the following,
Jamaican Hot chocolate 2/5
Peach Bhut                      3/5
HP22b (reapers)              1/5
chocolate Bhut                 3/5
Peach Hab                       3/5
7-Pot Joanna                    2/5
Trinidad Scorp M             5/5
Chocolate Hab                4/5
 and 3 of the following
Tabasco                        2/3
cayenne                        2/3

I am using a dome with heat mat and plugs. Temp is set to 88 or so. sitting on a towl on the counter. When they start I will get the T5 HO light that sits on the dome and blast'em for a week or so 24/7 with light then plce them out side. The goal is to over winter them in the garage. Again any input is more then welcome. And thanks for reading
guys.

2014-06-09144600_zpsb36cc347.jpg

Ok just got a 2nd dome lid and light. Moved all the sprouts to there own home for a while. I'll post a pic later today.

I need to pot up the ones in the jiffy pucks all ready.. Wont be using them again.

20140618_152948_zps2099c5c6.jpg

OK left to right out of x  seeds planted this is what I have in 11 days.
JHC 2/5, Peach Bhut 3/5, Reaper 1/5, Choc Bhut 3/5, Peach Hab 3/4, 0/5 7-Pot joan, 4/5 TSM, 2/5 Choc habb, 3/3 Tabasco, 2/3 red cyanne

Okay, folks I made some up dates to the list of seeds that germinated out of the seed's planted. So far I am happy with the germination. I have some more Reaper (HP22B) seeds coming in the mail, and I will plant new seed at a later point.
The other cool thing is I am sure you can see form the pics in the past few days I have had 2 more 7-pot pop up. I moved the germination station out to the garage. I went to grab a rib eye for breakfast an took a look sure as shit 2 more plant's.

2014-06-20095613_zps33da235d.jpg

OK up date was cleaning out the seeds that did nothing and found 2 with tap roots. LoL they  are now mystery plants. I added 4 crushed red pepper seed's.. 

Well in the next few days its time for the first transplant. 3 or 4 inch pots and soil are on the list along with a light stand.

20140702_193706_zpse672a216.jpg

OK folks its time to up my lighting in the coming weeks. For now I will add 2 more 1 bulb 18 inch lights. But I will be looking for a 4 foot 8 bulb T5. I am kinda leaning twords a  Sun Blaze 4 foot 8 bulb.

OK I picked this up for a decent price. 2 bill's....Every one knows the spec's 5=4 foot 8 bulb Bla Bla..
20140705_124503_zpsd4f77b36.jpg

This with 8 of 8 on...
20140705_152424_zps69b9ac90.jpg

This is 4 of 8 on. Due to the temps I only have 4 of 8 on right now.
20140705_152415_zps41282374.jpg

Ok this light is hot. I am going to lose a few plants. So next time I will start them under the big light sooner next time and only use 4 of the 8 setting. I added a fan and will water more as needed.

KevinH said:
Ok this light is hot. I am going to lose a few plants. So next time I will start them under the big light sooner next time and only use 4 of the 8 setting. I added a fan and will water more as needed.

Yeah KevinH,

I'm sorry I just saw this but I have my plants under a 6 bulb T5 system and let me assure you that having the bulbs any closer than two feet to the top of the plants is going to nearly kill them. Mine struggled for a while. I had 6 bulbs going on them and I finally got it up to nearly 3 feet of the top and they started doing well at that point.

Start at the lower settings like you said and watch the distance you have them. The T5 lights are so strong that they will cook the plants instead of helping them grow.

OK getting some leaf curl. Due to the heat and the fact that I used peat pots for 4 of my plants. Soon as they recover I will get them in to 4x4 pots.

Here are the pics from today.. I have some stress going on..
20140711_1323111_zpsb70fce74.jpg

20140711_1323301_zpsfa3325f3.jpg

20140711_1323441_zpsa7683e3c.jpg

This next is of some I potted up out of the peat pots this morning..
20140711_1323521_zps0da55bad.jpg

Any thoughts guys.

KevinH said:
The peat pots suck and are bearly alive. I am going to pick up some fox farms ferts to day.

Careful on the ferts for those little guys. Especially if you are using a potting soil with fertilizer already in it. It's easy to give them fertilizer burn at this tender age.

Yea im gonna use half strength fox farm kangaroots and half strength grow big. 3 tea spoons per gallon. I am also going to lower going to lower the light and repot out of the peat. I moved a few yesterday so far so good.

Man, the effects of 24 hour light is real.

I haven't seen a difference between square plastic pots and peat pots as far as size goes, just that they dry out quicker for a number of reasons.. I sit most of mine in trays.

Things are looking great Kevin.

Yea 24 hours of light AF and or Epsom salt and a tea spoon of Kangaroots now and then when I water. I cut back on watering. They get a day of being dry or more. They are due some AF here in the next water. My bro talked me into Roots organic, its crap. It a cash crop add your own ferts soil. So when I pot up they will be getting OF and HF with Pearlite added. I am going to start over 100 jalapeño plants in Dec to run some tests on. I want to try a root dunk on made of kangaroots AF ST and an anti wilt. Its a process that works great for Spankscolts.

Back