• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Kevins 2014 late start Glog

OK folks I am here with my later then late 2014 grow. My goal is too get a few pods off each of 10 different plants.

I have in the germination bed 5 of each of the following,
Jamaican Hot chocolate 2/5
Peach Bhut                      3/5
HP22b (reapers)              1/5
chocolate Bhut                 3/5
Peach Hab                       3/5
7-Pot Joanna                    2/5
Trinidad Scorp M             5/5
Chocolate Hab                4/5
 and 3 of the following
Tabasco                        2/3
cayenne                        2/3

I am using a dome with heat mat and plugs. Temp is set to 88 or so. sitting on a towl on the counter. When they start I will get the T5 HO light that sits on the dome and blast'em for a week or so 24/7 with light then plce them out side. The goal is to over winter them in the garage. Again any input is more then welcome. And thanks for reading
guys.

2014-06-09144600_zpsb36cc347.jpg

KevinH said:
Yea 24 hours of light AF and or Epsom salt and a tea spoon of Kangaroots now and then when I water. I cut back on watering. They get a day of being dry or more. They are due some AF here in the next water. My bro talked me into Roots organic, its crap. It a cash crop add your own ferts soil. So when I pot up they will be getting OF and HF with Pearlite added. I am going to start over 100 jalapeño plants in Dec to run some tests on. I want to try a root dunk on made of kangaroots AF ST and an anti wilt. Its a process that works great for Spankscolts.

... What?

some of the acronyms throw me off. overall I get the idea though. What are you hoping to get out of the jalap?

Just to see how the dunk jump starts the plants. That's it. So Nutes are great for young plants lol and some not so much.

An up date the frets I am using So far just the Kangaroots Next week I will start Grow Big now. I will use Kangaroots once a week for a bit, and will add the Microbrew here soon as well.

2014-07-12125954_zps5d457694.jpg

2014-07-17064315_zps7c033dad.jpg

2014-07-17064326_zps0ebdca7b.jpg

OKguys I picked up some Bat Guano as well as worm casings. Any advice on how much to add to the top of the soil. I will be mixing this in the new OF and HF  soil when I replant with more pearl lite.

Ok just gave them a mix of worm castings and bat poo. As a topper than watered. We will see how they respond.

Perfect day to pot on to larger pots and I cant. My plants are still not needing water. On well I can mix my new soil and let it cook a bit.

Looks like I am a bit  root bound...I also think my roots organic soil is depleted. Ether way I have learned a wealth of doo's and dont's from this grow. Like don't drown them with love.. Let the weak die.  Dont use the 4 inch peat pots no matter what. And let my soil brew for a while.

20140720_183732_zpse078cd56.jpg

20140720_183749_zps92c2baa1.jpg

20140720_183805_zps7ab3683b.jpg

20140720_183819_zps445d9bcc.jpg

20140720_183831_zps237c8469.jpg

20140720_183857_zps7da3c928.jpg

What are you using for soil?  I'm using Fafard 52 with EWC, at a ratio of 3:1.  Your plants look good and healthy.  Are you sure you've got root bound? 

They are in Roots Organic right now. I am going to move them in to FF OF/HF When I put them in 1 gallon pots. Reason I'm thinking root bound is it looks like I am starting to get flowers starting to form. Ether way I have my soil mixed and add a gallon of water to start getting It Happy Happy Happy. I have also moved them closer to the light I want to start them on a 12/12 light as well.

Okay, gotcha.  

I think 16/8 for lighting would be more optimum, unless you've got other plants growing under your lights.  12/12 may be cheating them of some precious 'rays'.  I'd say, give that a few days and you'll probably see an improvement.

Yea. My bro is costing mine recovery/time. I am also having a hard time finding a small or medium size bag of big chunk perlite. Guess I need to buck up and get 4cuft bag.

Watered the baby's out side this time. I gave them some super thrive, kangaroots and a bit of microbreweb. Done with ferts for a while. As I look at them in the light out side they look really healthy and happy. Is full shade as sun is down and on the other side of the house. Think I'll let them sit a bit and just chill.

Hey, Kevin, looks like you have it going there, buddy!

I kept my T5 HO lights about 4" from my plants, but they are only two bulb units, so the heat isn't as intense.  
I left the doors on my grow shelf slightly open and that kept the temps around 85˚ in the shelf.  With that 8 bulb unit,
the heat must be amazing.

I've been keeping the fertilizing routine simple.  AK fish fertilizer with their MorBloom (3:1) among with alternate
feedings of Molasses and Cal-Mag every every two weeks.   As the season goes on, I lower the fish fertilizer
ratio to 1:1 so they don't keep going crazy with vegetative growth.  When the season gets farther along, I'll just
use some MorBloom unless the plants look like they need some Nitrogen.

Your starts are looking good.  I'm with you, I've used peat pots and found them lacking.

Good luck going forward, Kevin!

Yea so far it's been AF twice and the root ferts. I am done for a while on fertilizer. I thought I had an issue do to my initial over watering. But I need to just lay off, kinda like a woman they will come around when I pot on to the 1 gal size. My soil is mixed and is sitting getting ready. I may have to add a touch more water.

PaulG said:
Hey, Kevin, looks like you have it going there, buddy!

I kept my T5 HO lights about 4" from my plants, but they are only two bulb units, so the heat isn't as intense.  
I left the doors on my grow shelf slightly open and that kept the temps around 85˚ in the shelf.  With that 8 bulb unit,
the heat must be amazing.

I've been keeping the fertilizing routine simple.  AK fish fertilizer with their MorBloom (3:1) among with alternate
feedings of Molasses and Cal-Mag every every two weeks.   As the season goes on, I lower the fish fertilizer
ratio to 1:1 so they don't keep going crazy with vegetative growth.  When the season gets farther along, I'll just
use some MorBloom unless the plants look like they need some Nitrogen.

Your starts are looking good.  I'm with you, I've used peat pots and found them lacking.

Good luck going forward, Kevin!

To be honest yes no lol ill let you know after trans plant. I would thought they would have exploded in growth. I am holding off for as long as I can to trans plant. But might just do it tonight. I have only had jalapeño ' s up till now. I haven't really used any fertilizer but Alaskan Fish. So it's alot of learning as I go.

Plants start a 12/12 tomorrow morning.

Hey Kevin, your starts are growing up!

I have read in garden books that yellow leaves with green veins are a sign of nutrient deficiency.  
May have to do with nutrient lock out during the overwatering phase?  Upon transplanting, I'll bet
the new growth is healthy green!

Green leaves with yellow veins - some kind of toxin, but I don't see that there.  

Yea I haven't used any fertilizer in about a week now. Not planning on using any for at least 2-3 weeks. I am going to start the test on some jalapeños here in the coming days. I need 2 get, 2 more small start lights, plugs, trays and so on. My goal is to find a happy middle ground. With ferts while still in the first pot. It's going to be fun.

Back