• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Kevins 2014 late start Glog

OK folks I am here with my later then late 2014 grow. My goal is too get a few pods off each of 10 different plants.

I have in the germination bed 5 of each of the following,
Jamaican Hot chocolate 2/5
Peach Bhut                      3/5
HP22b (reapers)              1/5
chocolate Bhut                 3/5
Peach Hab                       3/5
7-Pot Joanna                    2/5
Trinidad Scorp M             5/5
Chocolate Hab                4/5
 and 3 of the following
Tabasco                        2/3
cayenne                        2/3

I am using a dome with heat mat and plugs. Temp is set to 88 or so. sitting on a towl on the counter. When they start I will get the T5 HO light that sits on the dome and blast'em for a week or so 24/7 with light then plce them out side. The goal is to over winter them in the garage. Again any input is more then welcome. And thanks for reading
guys.

2014-06-09144600_zpsb36cc347.jpg

The fertilizing routine can be hard to pin down.  I try not to use any until the plants are well into
growth by transplanting seedlings as soon as they sprout into some nice Fox Farms HF and OF
mixed together.  They contain enough nutrients so fertilizing young plants isn't an issue.  My first
1/3 to 1/2 strength fertilizing comes around 4-6 weeks or so.   Then when I go into bigger pots,
I use a B-1 trans-planter (LilyMiller) and hold off on fertilizing for a week or two.  In the final containers,
they have horse manure and bone meal worked in several weeks before plant out, then it's fertilizing
every two to three weeks in the ratios I mentioned above.  Seems to work well in my little grow system
and micro climate in my yard.

Yea the plants look 10 times better on the 12/12. Only water I did add some bat poo 2 weeks prior to the re pot.

Yea my bro had to check some thing and well we both went on a 12/12 for a few weeks. We are now on a 16/6 or so. I need to get them out side. LoL.
dlsolo said:
WOW, look at those gems!  They look great!

How's your plants doing?  You getting enough sun up there?

I meant to ask awhile back, are you planting your plants in the ground or in pots/grow bags?

Watch out for too much sun at first on your plants.  It's awfully hot.

Yea they will going the back yard only's gets a few hours of direct sun. then its shaded sun. But thanks for looking out bro..

A little cooler these days, your plants should like the outside weather now!

Larger plants got kicked out side to live shade cover most of the day but that will change next week. The small ones will stay in for a bit yet.

OK folks i am going to cry lol. OK I have a few plants starting to show signs of flower. I have learned a  grip on this late start practice grow. I learned i need to water deeper and less often and might want to add some ferts way sooner. I also wont be doing the 24 hr light cycle. Going with 18/6 from the start. I will also use ID stick's..OK masters am I missing any thing.

Any way here are some pic's

20140822_093046_zps9b87ed18.jpg

20140822_093840_zpsae7193e1.jpg

20140822_093923_zps90a4d4f1.jpg

20140822_093851_zpsb9381332.jpg

Here are the plants That i did not water deep enough.
20140822_093844_zpsfe7c0141.jpg

20140822_093942_zpsd247f50c.jpg

20140822_093859_zps76255431.jpg

20140822_093038_zps4f872142.jpg

Well woke up to find more flower starts on a plant under the grow light. So it will go out side. Sink or swim. Only the strong will live.

You can do either ow or clone..... the cloning will be a continual grow and will give you some indoor pods through the winter. The only drawback is powering up your light up from the get go. With overwintering, you decide when to slap your plant and wake it up with the light...... :lol: .
I've done both variations............and have ended up with more flowers indoors with the clones.....and the plants stay shrub and dense.
Although it's pretty cool to see new green shoots pouring out of a woody trunk of an overwinter.........do both !

Thanks guys. I am still unsure whether to over winter or just do clones.

Hey Kevin, how's your little gems doing?

Well i just up rooted and tossed 6 plants in my soil bin. Of the 6 3 where pepper plants. The hope is latter today I will mix them in with the old soil and compost the old plants. I will add some fox farm marine cuisine here next month and get things ready for January. But so far all I am going to get are some red cyanne. Next year will be more productive as this year proved I could start seed and grow with very little to no fert's. I just used plugs and OF/HF mixed 50/50. I will add perlite next year.
dlsolo said:
Hey Kevin, how's your little gems doing?

20140909_154039_zps4630ebab.jpg

Moved plants up front of the house. So they can get more sun. I will have some pics up here in a hour or so.

Back