• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiDDc's Grow Log

After 6 months of joining THP, i've finally decided to start my grow log here.
Why so long? For one, i am a big lazy slob, and maintaining a grow log seems like an awful lot of work.

But its seems that i can learn faster and grow more if i have a grow log, which others seemed to be doing.

Without further delay, my grow list this year (subject to change):-

- Chili Padi (Bird's eye chili)
- Orange Habanero
- Large brown habanero
- Chocolate Habanero
- Peruvian White Hab
- Aji Cristal
- Hungarian Hot Wax
- Stripe (Baccatum)
- Tabasco
- 7pod
- Trinidad Scorpion
- Bhut Jolokia
- Pimenta De Neyde
- Scotch Bonnet (patrick)
- Short Yellow tabasco (fatalii.net)

LDVbgDv1.jpeg

Aji Cristal seedlings and PND on the top left hand side

otijhkcu.jpeg

Hungarian Hot Wax - this is the second plant i have, the first one died from stem rot
and this plant is from the seeds of the first plant. Question: How do i avoid stem rot?

GgzkS35T.jpeg

Chocolate Habanero

The seeds don't need light to germinate but I personally never worry about keeping them dark, keeping them warm is the key in my opinion. Is your underwear drawer warm enough?

The seeds don't need light to germinate but I personally never worry about keeping them dark, keeping them warm is the key in my opinion. Is your underwear drawer warm enough?
:rofl:

Here in Thailand everywhere is warm enough. Kidding aside; it probably is but maybe I'll put them in a black bag on top of the refrigerator.
Frankly, the dark thing struck me as weird, but they swear it ups the germination rate for bhuts. :think:

Cheers.

Potawie's comment made me laugh, is your underwear drawer warm enough?

AjarnV, what black bag are you referring to? Is it the one that is used normally for the garbage?
Maybe you can try putting it near to the modem, router, TV set, monitor, practically anything that generates heat. But not too much heat, oh yeah, i also find jolokias needs a longer time to germinate.

Potawie's comment made me laugh, is your underwear drawer warm enough?

AjarnV, what black bag are you referring to? Is it the one that is used normally for the garbage?
Maybe you can try putting it near to the modem, router, TV set, monitor, practically anything that generates heat. But not too much heat, oh yeah, i also find jolokias needs a longer time to germinate.

Yeah, a garbage type. With nighttime lows of 27c and daytime highs of 35/36c I think the temp is okay. You must be around the same, yes?

I've had a hell of a time germinating bhut Jalokia seeds = 0% for 10 seeds so far. South Devon (grower of the seeds) said to keep them in the dark. So, I took my last 2 seeds and put them in a wet paper towel in a zip-lock bag in my underwear drawer. No light in there. :rofl:

We'll see.
I believe they need a little light.
Hey Kiddc this is a great grow log so far. I like the humor.

If you transplant deeper than the cotyledon leaves, you'll avoid stem damage from salt/mineral build-up. The stem is tougher there.
Good job on the Log. Keep up the good work.
I must apologize to everyone here for suggesting this, because it caused me a lot of problems this year. I read it helps prevent elephant foot syndrome.
I planted all my little guys as deep as I could and it made it very hard for little seedlings to survive. The plant can be planted deeply only if it is mature and in a tall enough pot to ensure the root base is not so near the bottom of the pot or tray that it is in the saturation zone (0-5.5 inches from bottom).
From now on I won't give advice unless I know from personal experience. I now have to repot about 100 small, yellow, sickly babies, so they can start growing again. :(

I must apologize to everyone here for suggesting this, because it caused me a lot of problems this year. I read it helps prevent elephant foot syndrome.
I planted all my little guys as deep as I could and it made it very hard for little seedlings to survive. The plant can be planted deeply only if it is mature and in a tall enough pot to ensure the root base is not so near the bottom of the pot or tray that it is in the saturation zone (0-5.5 inches from bottom).
From now on I won't give advice unless I know from personal experience. I now have to repot about 100 small, yellow, sickly babies, so they can start growing again. :(

ABM, whoa 100 seedlings that will take the entire morning to do.
Thanks for the warning, will steer clear of potting up too deep.\

I also have a few seedlings that its labels went missing, so ill have a couple of fun mystery plants

ABM, whoa 100 seedlings that will take the entire morning to do.
Thanks for the warning, will steer clear of potting up too deep.\

I also have a few seedlings that its labels went missing, so ill have a couple of fun mystery plants
ok So I haven't done them yet. I'm too lazy and they look ok for now.

Actually no they do not need light to germinate, just proper heat and moisture
There I go again saying things I know nothing about. Sorry.
I thought Omri mentioned that they need a little red light (not infra red) to speed things along that's all. It made sense to me. I use leds once and I wasn't sure if it helped or not. But it didn't hurt.

There I go again saying things I know nothing about. Sorry.
I thought Omri mentioned that they need a little red light (not infra red) to speed things along that's all. It made sense to me. I use leds once and I wasn't sure if it helped or not. But it didn't hurt.
There is no actual "need" for light, BUT, seeds are light sensitive and it is possible to induce or even prevent germination using the right wavelength. :)

whoa, epic thread necro.

Yeah, i think its because of the image host restricting the ips. I will do a clean up and update soon :)

Back