• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Kiddies...It"s time to sink or swim 6/1/08

nature-smiley-014.gif
I just came in from the rain, inspected each and every plant and I let out a great sigh of relief...All of my plants seem to appear happy. No one is laying on their sides or looking water logged. I also couldn't find any aphids. So, I'm thinking either the toxic dust cover treatment I gave them last night worked (this was before Bent set me straight on the use of neem ;) ) or aphids are hiding very well because they don't like water. Either case, I'm just really glad that it looks like my babies are doing okay...

medium-smiley-082.gif

Nice pics, I like the raised beds you made, very cool. Expecting 90's here in MO over the weekend, hopefully headed your way. :)

Pepperfreak said:
nature-smiley-014.gif
couldn't find any aphids. So, I'm thinking either the toxic dust cover treatment I gave them last night worked (this was before Bent set me straight on the use of neem ;) ) or aphids are hiding very well because they don't like water. Either case, I'm just really glad that it looks like my babies are doing okay...

medium-smiley-082.gif

I don't worry about aphids when the plants are outside. They have natural predators, rain and wind, to deal with. I never see aphids until about a month after I bring them in.
Tony

It looks like all of my plants are still enjoying the rain. They are all still standing tall. The tomato plants are really liking this weather, they seemed to have grown 6 inches since they were put in the ground.

My Red Savina dosen't seem to mind all the rain but for me it just washes off all the bug repellent I keep putting on (Blackfly).

rainbowberry said:
My Red Savina dosen't seem to mind all the rain but for me it just washes off all the bug repellent I keep putting on (Blackfly).

I am hoping that this rain stops soon because of my continued fight with the Aphids. I just finished soaking them all with my neem cannon and now 15 minutes later...Its raining again.
sad-smiley-068.gif

We are getting hit again with storms this evening.
Your aphid infestation sounds too bad to just leave alone to work itself out.
I thought the the neem maneuver was just for indoors or in the greenhouse.

I have finally finished entering the layout/map of my garden into the computer, minus all of the 5 gallon buckets. I'm omitting them because they are all labeled and may tend to wander around the yard. If the Aphids and the rain don't kill any off, this is what my Pepper Beds looks like. BTW I think I'll have about 47 plants in buckets when I'm all finished.

GardenMap.jpg

oh I'm so coming over. I've never had a fresh Scotch Bonnet...only in sauces have I had them. Athought I've eaten many Scoth Bonnet Burkinas...but they really don't count.

imaguitargod said:
oh I'm so coming over. I've never had a fresh Scotch Bonnet...only in sauces have I had them. Athought I've eaten many Scoth Bonnet Burkinas...but they really don't count.

IGG, are you trying tell me that you would eat all of my Scotch Bonnet stash??? :lol::P I may have to watch out for the Mullet-man hanging around the back alley...LOL

fineexampl said:
All i have is one lonely habanero on the deck at my apartment. :( Yer so lucky to have space.

If you live in a bigger city, maybe you could find a community garden near your apartment and expand next year, just a thought...

They're fine
There was only about 10 in some little four inch pots that I just let outside. I though I would try to toughen them by keeping in the shade most of the day for a while. They were right under an overhang getting battered all night. A few roots were still holding them from getting away. At least they're clean. :*)
We've been luckier than some around here with the tornados and flooding, then this new flood today. :*(
What a drag. Nature is a mother.
I am glad I still have most of them inside.

Pepperfreak said:
IGG, are you trying tell me that you would eat all of my Scotch Bonnet stash??? :lol::P I may have to watch out for the Mullet-man hanging around the back alley...LOL
I have been known to eat alot of peppers...... :onfire:

imaguitargod said:
I have been known to eat alot of peppers...... :onfire:

Uhmmm...Maybe we could just meet somewhere neutral and have a pepper swap. :P Sounds like I better keep my garden's location under wrap...LOL :lol::P

Pepperfreak said:
Uhmmm...Maybe we could just meet somewhere neutral and have a pepper swap. :P Sounds like I better keep my garden's location under wrap...LOL :lol::P
Yeah, since we already know what's planted where in your yard. Keep those nice tags,...

Back