• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ... keep moving forward!!

Actually more of a journal for me. Just like to see all the progressions.

This year 2013 I got hit with what was believed to be thrips. They consumed one plant after another. My veggies were all destroyed by spider mites. And now my struggling in ground plants are being consumed by aphids. So many buds and flowers. Too bad they won't make it. But hey. I did t have grubs this year

Thanks to all that sent pods. Powders. Hot sauces. And seeds. Although I wasn't able to do fresh pod giveaways. I was and still doing powder and seed giveaways.

I've started some new ones late in the summer and plan to go into full swing in a week.

Here are the big boys.
null_zps45a38df6.jpg

null_zps37ebf2ed.jpg

From this
null_zps0c3e811c.jpg

To this. Soil is roots organic. And some coco
null_zps36be4a8b.jpg

I've also give hydro a shot. Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA
null_zps3c3d7159.jpg

And made this my ghetto aerogarden utilizing clay balls. Lol ... Using aerogarden nutes for now
null_zpsa222b968.jpg

null_zpse2534a76.jpg

Thanks to THP and Facebook for sharing with me the pods powders and seeds.

I met some nice folks on the FB spectrum...and for some cool varieties to grow. My In ground will be nuked and dedicated solely to the Jamaican scotch bonnet MoA. I have some you've heard of and some you haven't like the "peanut" Lucy and Katie. Bubblegum orange and a few others. Here's to a head-start

88022245-C0DB-4FDE-B79C-B29F9F413753-49411-0000059FF1DD1779_zps520ffd64.jpg

Damn...believe me I feel you brother. It's expensive, but you could always do a container grow. I wish I had started more this season, but I only have a few extras of the wilds...and didn't start any supers. Looks like you have a couple issues. The blackened stems look like a bad case of bacterial leaf spot. Once it gets to the main stems like that it's almost always fatal. Can be prevented and if treated early even cured, but once at that point there is almost no hope. The other looks to be viral...no curing those either. As far as sanitizing inground soil...really not doable. most virus problems can be cured by a couple years rest of the soil...but you have to keep the beds weed free and try to promote the break down of the old roots and other plant material remaining in the soil. 

Good luck man...I'll be pulling for you.

so.. ive been busy trying to rebuild in the aerogaren.. submit to aerogarden and won the photo of the week... thanks aerogarden

decided to get a couple more miracle fruit from home depot since i killed the last two

even came with fruits

calamansi volunteer 

went to my local hydro store.. i had given him some pods to try and look what he gave in return... i chopped them off and this is new growth

finally hooked up the light so i can make them grow better inside

view of the HEALTHY plants with the tarp off.. hoping they remain healthy..

veggie bed...

decided to move some of the healthy to my sister house to salvage my season just in case

need a bump

UNKNOWNS and a ghost pepper

the one and only healthy pink tiger.. hoping this is the ONE

got some seed starters from John Ford .. thanks man

busy making hard cider

Pepperlover's evergreen starting to flower and set 

Sepia Serpent??  starting to bud

first harvest.. BoC.. seeds from GA Growhead

stripped this jay's peach ghost pepper via Melissa77754

got a great package from NIGEL

aerogarden rootbound

Borg 9.. Defcon 7.. bonda me jaques x yellow 7... bonda me jaques

Chocolate Brain Strain.. unfortuntely the corner orange hab x was infected.. hoping choco brain will be fine

Yaki Blue.. one doesnt look so blue.. and it also maybe  infected.. notice the curls

left has green stems

7 pot mustard.. thanks to Buckeye Pepper Jen and Mike

took more to my sisters house

So, how many plants did you have to destroy anyway? Looks like you have plenty more. Good job, your season may be salvaged after all. Just keep them away from the infected soil.

Can you put some black plastic over the infected soil to speed up the sterilizing process?

Jeff H said:
So, how many plants did you have to destroy anyway? Looks like you have plenty more. Good job, your season may be salvaged after all. Just keep them away from the infected soil.

Can you put some black plastic over the infected soil to speed up the sterilizing process?
And I was going to suggest the same roast the bad things!

3 seasons ago I bought some tomato seedlings and paid no attention to the mold they had on top of the soil. I had 70+ tom's and about half died, it was Southern Blight. The plants wilted like they were starving for water at the top on day 1, day 2 they looked worse and continued very rapidly to decline. I pulled the first few and they had the classic white moldy band at the dirt level and below. After I identified the reason I never went near the infected plants, when it was time to pull them up I threw the over the fence into the field. I tilled the soil and being we don't get summer rain the sun cooked the demons out. I made sure to till it several times before fall to pull any infected soil up to the top. Evidently that killed the bad juju, as I've had no problems since.

So the moral of the story.....you can win this! And good luck!

Edit: BTW, your starts are looking great!

Edit#2: I rotate my crops to help prevent disease, so maybe till it, plant corn, and then when hot do the black plastic? I could keep rambling..LOL

Took an evergreen (since I have a few growing ) and tossed it in DWC using aerogarden nutes. They are hardened so ill see how we'll these do

The evergreen it a #5 starting to take form

Orange daisy cutters ...peanut and urfa

Vidal's bubblegum seems healthy so far in 15gal

Yaki blue not as lonely with a baby mantis beside it

Aerogarden seedlings soil hardened. Now to get them out in the sun

To make space for these guys.

Glad to see these tomatoe and eggplants go to good homes. Hope these will encourage them to grow their own stuff

More NONs. I love the flowers of these artichokes. Has anyone seen them flower up?

Baby zukes. Oh yeah!

More seeds sown. Thanks Sandra. Aka fiogga

Premature pods of the NOT xoxo pepper. First of all shape not the same nor is the color. Oh well still tasty and hot

Josh from Florida sent me his pod shapes of the Moa scotch bonnets.
. Hmmmm :thinking:

Back