artwork Label Art Preview...Opinions Needed

It's a rough draft but I think this is gonna be basically how it looks.

There's more color and detail than shows up in this jpg.

chukhellaltflamesbh7.jpg

Lemme know what ya'll think!

I'm new to this forum and I'm a graphic designer - so apologies in advance if I sound to picky, but -

I think the illustration is pretty nice - but the flames don't feel like they have the same hand-drawn style as the rest of the illus...the type could use a little refinement. Color in the brew would be a good idea.

ditto. i think the whole label kicks ass. just add some color to the stew (which i believe you mentioned it was still unfinished) and you should be set. a few peppers in the stew would be a nice touch as well. congrats on a great label!

edit...that's a good question HC, when will it be available? i'll definitely be picking up some.

two things i am wondering though. have you looked at a logo with the flames in CHUK as well as HELL? it's always good to look at what it could look like with small variations like that. i think it would be fine with the flames in both. i understand the emphasis on hell though. just a thought. the only other thing i think should be changed is the space between his left armpit and the pitchfork. all the other small spaces have been filled in while just leaving enough for the same thickness of white outline that is everywhere else, except for that spot. it just looks plain old white to me. minor detail..yes..but i was trained to look for that stuff heh.

well the more i look, i also notice he seems to be slightly to the left of the whole label, as well as the red splatter. don't get me wrong, i love the illustration and the whole feel of the thing..i'm just pointing out some technicalities you could discuss with the designer. last but pretty much least..those two bubbles coming out of the stew to the right side of the label. gonna leave those with a black fill? honestly, you would probably do just as well without them. to me, they seem off since there are no other bubbles..if it was bubbling like crazy..there could be a few in front of him, or to the other side as well.

haha ok, enough design analysis. to be perfectly honest, you could leave it as is..though i really would color the stew..and the general public wouldn't really notice a thing. we're all more concerned with the contents of the bottle. ;) though labels can be cool as well. my earlier speech was just from a graphic designers perspective. if you think that was bad...you should try submitting it to my old typography teacher! :cool:

i know we have a new member that is also a GDer. not sure if he has posted here yet though. another edit...i see he has posted.

xgrafcorex said:
haha ok, enough design analysis. to be perfectly honest, you could leave it as is..

Those are excellent comments Brian and are just what I was looking for. Thank you; very good feedback!

Also, thanks for all the kind words from everyone. You are very encouraging!

As for when it will be out...hopefully early next year. We are trying to get our financing in place now. Once that's done we will pull the trigger on test batches...the co-packer is all set to go.

Exciting!

no problem. might as well put my degree to use for something. :lol:

keep us posted on the progress/final label/and when the product is available. i'll place an order for sure.

one other thing that i thought i asked, but apparently i didn't. what is the design in the background? it's barely visible. have you looked at the logo with just a solid black background?

I like it this way for the background. Now, if you made the white in the pot out of clear plastic, you could actually see the contents, until it got too empty, then the customer would say to theirself, "no more in the pot, gotta get some more."
;*)
chukhellalteredflamesbhkd1.jpg
chukhellaltflamesbh7.jpg

You might have to enlarge your browser window to compare them side-by-side.

ABurningMouth said:
I like it this way for the background. Now, if you made the white in the pot out of clear plastic, you could actually see the contents, until it got too empty, then the customer would say to theirself, "no more in the pot, gotta get some more."
;*)

That's a cool idea...I might actually mention that to the label folks. Not sure if it's doable but it's a cool idea.

Back