• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Last days of BBQ fun for this season

Well this seasonal change and deep frost kind of put me out of loop for few days so my guys got scared that they may get skiny beacuse I had to take it slow for few days.
bb4.gif

Marinated Tuna Steak - Fatali, garlick, lemon juice,olive oil and Greek seasoning.

DSC02334.jpg

Potato Wedges with garlick, onion, mushrooms,dill weed and olive oil

DSC02400.jpg

And of course Roooooooooooooooooooolsssssssssssssssss

DSC02398.jpg

Why is bbq season over? I lived in Alaska for 28 years. Everyone I knew grilled and smoked year round. Tuna looks good.

ROLLS?!?!?? from scratch???

Ela, you are my heroine!

The planked Tuna is looking so promising, can't wait to see the cooked pics.

MMmmmmmmmm.....

Ela, that Tuna's just Right-Propper! Looks Awesome.

TB it's just not the same BBQing with a North Face down Coat/Hood/Gloves/Boots/Snow shovel/Flashlight, vs. Shorts and a Jargaritta!

Why is bbq season over? I lived in Alaska for 28 years. Everyone I knew grilled and smoked year round. Tuna looks good.

TB I'm a Mediterranean gal who by interesting circumstances ended up in this Mini Alaska.
bd3.gif
It would be very interesting to see my other half shoveling 5 ft snow on -20 F to get to the BBQ. I'm just imagining taking pics of him doing it.
bb4.gif

ROLLS?!?!?? from scratch???

Ela, you are my heroine!

The planked Tuna is looking so promising, can't wait to see the cooked pics.

MMmmmmmmmm.....

Thanks Salsalady :) All our food is made from scratch including rolls. I may post pics of cookies I have baked today.Just hope would not get warning from Omri
bb8.gif
because there is no hot peppers in them.
bd2.gif
Didn't get a chance to take pics of cooked tuna. It is all gone.Maybe next time if I get fast enough to guard it from my hungry gang.
297.gif

Ela, that Tuna's just Right-Propper! Looks Awesome.

TB it's just not the same BBQing with a North Face down Coat/Hood/Gloves/Boots/Snow shovel/Flashlight, vs. Shorts and a Jargaritta!

Thanks Scov. Tuna was great,just love fatali peppers with seafood.
bc9.gif

No worries about posting food pics without pepper ingredient. COOKIE PICTURES!

Is this going to be your first winter in "miniAK"? We get Alaska winters here. 5 ft. -25F etc.

It's all good, Ela.

I just had this flash-back to ...(undisclosed number of years ago) ...and a girlfiend came to our house the day before Thanksgiving, and my mom had some rolls proofing on the stove under a tea-towel... and my girlfriend was like..."What? You didn't buy the rolls from the store??? "

To see someone not know that rolls can be made from scratch was a revelation for me, and has not been forgotten.

No worries about posting food pics without pepper ingredient. COOKIE PICTURES!

Is this going to be your first winter in "miniAK"? We get Alaska winters here. 5 ft. -25F etc.
Scov I'll post some pics of cookies soon. :) Honestly this is going to be my 18th winter in VT and I still have major disagreement with weather. Vermonters like to say how we have 2 seasons here,winter and 4th of July. :rofl:

Yum. I'm sure that will be fantastic! The burn will be nice too with all those fataliis! :onfire:
Seth tuna was fantastic. I think I would make it next time with lime juice just to see how that would go with Tuna.
297.gif

It's all good, Ela.

I just had this flash-back to ...(undisclosed number of years ago) ...and a girlfiend came to our house the day before Thanksgiving, and my mom had some rolls proofing on the stove under a tea-towel... and my girlfriend was like..."What? You didn't buy the rolls from the store??? "

To see someone not know that rolls can be made from scratch was a revelation for me, and has not been forgotten.
Thanks Salsa. :) Baking is my passion and relaxess me. I grew up with smells of fresly baked bread every morning so I kind of passing my chilhood memories onto my two Rugrats. :lol:

I hear ya, Ela. My kid at least knows that waffles are make on a waffle iron, not by Eggo.

Although I never lived in a place like Alaska, or anywhere that it snows for that matter, I also love to BBQ in the snow when we rent a cabin up in the mountains.

Edit: I forgot to mention it usually happens when we are pretty drunk so the temperature matters a bit less!

There's no feeling in the world like skating out of control across an ice covered patio with a hotel pan load of food after 6 beers at 2 am head long into a blazing pit of fire.

I do it in the snow.

True, it's never over. Especially if you're smoking. You can chill inside, and just go out to check. I actually like winter smokes. Freezing outside, warming up by the smoker, the sweet smell of BBQ.

There's no feeling in the world like skating out of control across an ice covered patio with a hotel pan load of food after 6 beers at 2 am head long into a blazing pit of fire.
Skating across patio with bottle of bear in hand???????????? Cheers for that kind of excersize
47b20s0.gif

I do it in the snow.

True, it's never over. Especially if you're smoking. You can chill inside, and just go out to check. I actually like winter smokes. Freezing outside, warming up by the smoker, the sweet smell of BBQ.

Well I don’t mind snow but those -20 F and I don’t mix well at all.
306.gif
So I guess I have an excuse for not BBQ-ing in middle of winter not just because I can’t handle cold, I don’t smoke, don’t drink any booze and there is no point for me to stay outside on freezing cold
bb4.gif

LMAO!!!!! Totally have done that!!!!!
Except way more than 6 beers by 2 AM, and after I get out there, realize I forgot the Tongs.

Edit for size. not big enough!

Back