• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Late Grow By Newb

So the hottest pepper I've had is a habanero. Recently I decided to try to grow peppers so I bought some from Walmart. I'll show pics of those later. Two days ago was my first time planting Bhut Jolokia. Doing this for help since it's my first time. Pics coming soon!

Two of my plants have started to "Y," should I go ahead and top them or wait? And should I trim any of them yet or just let them grow out more?
dULkfgU.jpg

iADAroQ.jpg

z2OQD1Q.jpg

EVgN38d.jpg

They look a bit small to top right now, but you can if you want. I also wouldn't as you don't have a full growing season. It is your choice though!

Got a surprise package yesterday from a friend on the site.
RMu88XR.png

Habaneros, yellow and red brain strain, chocolate hab, trinidads, Carolina reaper, and two types of super chiles

Yesterday I decided to transplant my long thin Cayene.

Tomorrow I'll probably transplant my ring o fire so if I do I'll post a picture

So it has been awhile. Sad to say I have lost some plants because i have not been able to keep good care since I've been at college. Came home to find aphids all over the plants. Used an aphid powder, sat outside for about a week and they were gone. I brought them back in but after 3 days they have aphids again. I am wondering if I should just throw them out and start over or is there something I can do to make sure they won't come back. I would like to not have to throw them out because I brought in a jalapeno plant that was growing outside so I could replant it in the spring and hopefully have a bigger yield. Please anything will help!!!

Back