• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Late Grow By Newb

So the hottest pepper I've had is a habanero. Recently I decided to try to grow peppers so I bought some from Walmart. I'll show pics of those later. Two days ago was my first time planting Bhut Jolokia. Doing this for help since it's my first time. Pics coming soon!

LowDrag said:
The pepper in the last pic that you say is a Banana Pepper looks just like a pepper I have growing .  It said it was a Jalapeno on the package.  Hmmmm...I think someone at the packaging plant either screwed up or was having fun at someone's expense.   :shocked:   

Good looking garden!!!

Here is a pic of my pepper that I am talking about. I am sure you will see a small resemblance.  LOL!!!

Bpoole55 said:
Holy crap TrentL! I would lose my mind if I came home to that. We have two daschunds and they just piss and crap everywhere and we can't get them to stop.

Thanks!

My papillon believes she can pee on the floor if I'm not up to take her outside. She gets crated for bedtime and when I'm not home, and I have no more pee-pee floors. :)

Love your garden! I hope next year I can do something similar in the backyard if I can figure out a way to keep the GSD out of the gardening area. I have no doubt he would ruin plants out of boredom while I'm working. He's literally torn off 2" thick branches from the orange tree to play with when he has a million toys...

And good luck with the late grow. I'm in the same boat as you with seeds germinating and some seedlings in solo cups right now, haha. I just call it an experiment.

More like a big resemblence haha! Be careful, I picked mine today and tried to harvest the seeds but it was nowhere near ripe, all of the seeds have turned brown so tey are useless... :tear:

Verivus said:

My papillon believes she can pee on the floor if I'm not up to take her outside. She gets crated for bedtime and when I'm not home, and I have no more pee-pee floors. :)

Love your garden! I hope next year I can do something similar in the backyard if I can figure out a way to keep the GSD out of the gardening area. I have no doubt he would ruin plants out of boredom while I'm working. He's literally torn off 2" thick branches from the orange tree to play with when he has a million toys...

And good luck with the late grow. I'm in the same boat as you with seeds germinating and some seedlings in solo cups right now, haha. I just call it an experiment.

My dogs will come into the garden with me and walk through my plants and one of them find my corn leaves very tasty...Goodluck on your grow as well, if you have a glog
i will certainly follow!

My glog is definitely a work in progress... I haven't gotten around to posting it yet because I'm just so busy with work. I shouldn't even be on THP right now, but I'm procrastinating. I'll get to it eventually!

These Bhuts are surely keeing me busy! Decided to check my napkin in a bag today because it has been a few days and when I opened it I have 5 little sprouts!! I literally alomost gave up on these because they were taking a lot longer.
UrmUc1g.jpg

This makes my count as of today 7/30. I used about 4 or 5 different methods to plant these so we will see about the others.

I think I've been cheated. Two days ago I put some Trinidad moruga scorpions in some soil and they are already sprouting...smh

This is the picture of the so called trinidad moruga scorpions that I had ordered. I received them last week and started out with the paper towel method. After a couple days I didn't really think it would work so I put them in potting soil and two days later they sprout. Not really sure if these are what they claim to be...
xUGROs7.jpg

Bpoole55 said:
Thats why I don't think they are trinidad scorpions

I'm not sure if I would bank on the sprout time to rule out that the are/aren't TS.  I was able to get some Reapers to sprout in 7 days.  Being able to completely control my germination humidity and temperatures was/is my key.  Heck, I have sprouted tomato seeds in just under 3 days.

Keep those pictures coming when you can.  We all may be surprised as to what they are.

dlsolo said:

I'm not sure if I would bank on the sprout time to rule out that the are/aren't TS.  I was able to get some Reapers to sprout in 7 days.  Being able to completely control my germination humidity and temperatures was/is my key.  Heck, I have sprouted tomato seeds in just under 3 days.

Keep those pictures coming when you can.  We all may be surprised as to what they are.
After thinkin about it I had them in paper towel and a baggy for a week, then I put them in some dirt. Two days later they sprouted so who knows
!!
This post is meant for today's progress
The first picutre is of all the peppers I decided to dry. I have a motnh and three days before I go back to school and the food at college needs a little heat so I dcided to try and dry some peppers before I go back. Hopfully I will dry these then grind them up.
Halapenos and Serrano Peppers
oWa73sl.jpg

This next pic is just what I harvested today from my garden.
7Irsx5h.jpg

Hope yall enjoy!!!

A week ago was really the last update I did on my pepper plants so I'm here today to do another one. I'm surprised how much these have grown in the last week.

Long thin cayenne
KTix2Ow.jpg

Ring O Fire
up26EVO.jpg

Habanero
IejaDsG.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
DloMSt6.jpg

Half of the Trinidad Moruga Scorpions
JpnmUmO.jpg

I will probably end up transplanting the Trinidads tomorrow morning into their own seperate cups. I'll be back in a couple of days with another update!!!

Good looking seedlings right there!  I've got some TS seedlings are they are growing....slowly, but growing.  I'm thinking in a week or so, I'll be able to up pot them to solo cups.

Nonetheless, good looking seedlings.

I'm not sure how things are going so far, I moved and now I can only get the temperature in he grow box up to about 76 degrees and at night it gets colder. Also, a couple of the leaves are starting to curve like a u-shape so I think the light is too close to plants now that they have gotten biger. Here are some picks for this week.

Long thin Cayenne
mvJR25w.jpg

Bhut Jolokia
iSy1fW7.jpg

Habanero
yHrahsn.jpg

Ring-O-Fire
dwOOCaN.jpg

This is another picture of the Long Thin Cayenne and if you look close to the stem of the top couple of leaves there is some unsual discoloration. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?Also they are curling a little bit too..
v5zB3pK.jpg

If anyone haany ideas please let me know.

All in all, your plants look healthy and strong.  A few of them may be showing signs of being to close to the light, but overall, things look good.

dlsolo said:
All in all, your plants look healthy and strong.  A few of them may be showing signs of being to close to the light, but overall, things look good.
Yea I had a feeling. I was able to fix my grow box so the light sat about 6 inches higher and it seems to be doing ok now.

Tomorrow I am going to start using some epsom salt on my pepper plants and I was looking for some advice from the experts here. This is what I was able to find in my house.
ioWSujK.jpg

Will this be good to use or not? It's not clear like most of the epsom salt I have seen before. And also, how much should I use in a 32 ounce bottle?

To be really honest, I'm not sure you're in need of Epsom salt.  Your plants are a healthy green and until there is signs of deficiencies, I would just keep feeding them water and sun.  If you want to feed them, some kelp/fish emulsion would be best suited.

Back