• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Late start what pot size?

Hey, you guys. I'm getting a late start on my peppers and this kind of works out anyways because I want to keep my plants in pots, and grow them year round. I figured I'd transport them outside in the spring and keep them out there till, fall and move them back in during the winter months. I'm going to invest in some grow lights. I was just curious how big of a pot I should use for each plant. I don't want runted plants. Also, I'll finally get to taste some jalokias, and a few others this year as well. Thank you bowhunter!!:cool: Your pepper powders AWESOME too!!:D

5 gallon are alittle bit of a pain to move and to store, but if you can go that big or bigger, it is better.

What have you been up to Rabbit?

My final size is often 5 gal. but with a late start you could grow them in smaller pots and pot up as needed

No, when I overwinter I cut the roots back and repot in a smaller pot and then I always pot up when necessary or plant in the ground

Here's a pic of my ripe "lime" that you seem to have a thing for Cheezydome.:lol: and lots of plants ready for repotting.

cheezydemon said:
5 gallon are alittle bit of a pain to move and to store, but if you can go that big or bigger, it is better.

What have you been up to Rabbit?

I tend to come and go sometimes don't I .....:lol:. I've been lingering I just didn't really have alot to post about, I've been getting ready for racing, and I've been looking for mushrooms. (Morels not the magic kind:lol:) I'm really excited about these bad boys that bowhunter hooked me up with too. I won't have room for a billion plants so I didn't plant a couple that he gave me, but I'm saving the seeds so maybe I can get some more going next year in a garden. I did plant these ones for now though. Bhut Jalokia, Scorpion, Chocolate Hab, White Hab, Naga Morich, Orange Lantern, Peach Habanero, and the 7 Pod Trinidad. I can't wait!!:hell::onfire:

Thanks you guys. I'll go as big as I can go. I'll start in the three gallon and move up to the 5 gallon by the end of the year.

POTAWIE said:
No, when I overwinter I cut the roots back and repot in a smaller pot and then I always pot up when necessary or plant in the ground

Here's a pic of my ripe "lime" that you seem to have a thing for Cheezydome.:lol: and lots of plants ready for repotting.

I notice the beer on the shelf, is that for the plants or you?;) Your making me thirsty:lol:

imaguitargod said:

If it makes you feel better I do find Amanita Muscaria on occasion while out in the woods looking for shrooms....you know the red and white hallucinagenic one like off of Mario bros?:twisted::lol: It's not my thing so I don't eat them though. Not only that, but that one you can actually OD off of and die unlike the little brown ones. The vikings didn't used to care when they ate them though:lol:

rabbit said:
If it makes you feel better I do find Amanita Muscaria on occasion while out in the woods looking for shrooms....you know the red and white hallucinagenic one like off of Mario bros?:twisted::lol: It's not my thing so I don't eat them though. Not only that, but that one you can actually OD off of and die unlike the little brown ones. The vikings didn't used to care when they ate them though:lol:

OHOHOH!!! MAIL ME SOME!!! Amanita is one I have yet to try. I believe it has a different psychoactive chemical in it too.

Back