• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Late start what pot size?

imaguitargod said:
Ohhh! Good idea...govern'nt might not liek that idea though
:lol::lol: Probably not. If you must insist though they do grow in the northern hemisphere in temperate climates. They do grow in Ohio as well;). Just your on your own if you find one. I'm not taking the wrap;) The pyschoactive chemical in that mushroom varies in amount from mushroom to mushroom, and one whole cap of one mushroom CAN kill you. I think they also use it to kill flies in some parts of the world.

P.S- If you guys are wondering why I know about mushrooms, you have to educate yourself if your going to eat some. They are honestly better in culinary than the store bought ones as well.However, the wrong one will kill you. I regularly find two on a regular basis that if you don't know what your doing in three days you'll need a liver transplant and one of those looks like an edible honey mushroom. The galerina (Similar look alike) has a rusty brown spore print instead and tends to grow away from dead trees. The honey mushroom which is safe has a white spore print, and grows directly off of the trees.

I wouldn't know how to convert my pot size to gallons etc, they are 8 inches across and 7 and a half inches tall. Not big I know but the largest that will fit on a window sill.

I eat a lot of wild mushrooms throughout summer/fall. I used to go and collect them with my parents since I was 5, so I know loads of varieties. It's a good idea to stay away from wild mushrooms if you're not familiar with them though.

Of course, Amanita (the red variety!)is poisonous, but you'd need to eat about 2 kilos of fresh shrooms to kill yourself. They might give you a really bad time and make you wish you were dead :) but they won't kill you on their own. Don't mix with alcohol!

I am pretty convinced that they grow in Ohio! Look for them in August/September and under birch trees, that's their fave spot from my experience.

Just to set this straight: I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything, this is just information!!! Seriously!

RB,

Sounds like they are about 2.75 gallons.

I don't know if it is true or not, but a garden center owner told me that the only basic difference between a 4- and a 5-gallon container was how often I may need to water a plant once it is fully grown.

Mike

Cheers Wordwiz, I knew they weren't as big as others use and I did have a brainwave of filling an empty one up with water to see how many gallons it takes but pots usually have holes in the bottom :doh: I do have a few wider pots for outside (twice as wide) but will only use them if Mr Murphy (dog) keeps up his good behaviour with my plants.

Right so a 6 inch wide pot that's 6 and a half inches tall would be approx. 184 cubic inches? Not sure if that sounds right or not, maths is not my strong point.

Back