• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Lemon Drop Alfredo

I was hungry for some Alfredo so I did this:

It turned out good.  Next time I'll use more peppers for me - wife and daughter liked it just like this.  Guess I'll have to use two pans!

Lemon Drop Alfredo

1 Lemon Drop pepper diced fine - mild heat, 2-4 would be better
    (or sub a different pepper to suit your taste)
1/4 c finely diced red sweet pepper
3 green onions diced
1 pint half and half
1/2 c milk
1 t dried basil
2 T fresh Italian parsley
1 clove garlic crushed
1/8 t black pepper
salt to taste

1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients except the cheese
Simmer about 30 minutes stirring constantly then add parmesan cheese
Serve over pasta
Two to four  servings 

I saw the post title and was hoping it was this!  Creamy sauce with some chiles over pasta.....MMmmmmmmm! 

(dang...I'm getting hungry.....)  :lol:

MrSauce said:
Anyone tried it with a super-hot? Or is that no good in alfredo?

I don't know about that. I'm thinking that it would overpower the Alfredo.
The light citrus flavors of the lemon drop or aji pineapple just sound more palatable to me.

MeatHead1313 said:
Thanks for the recipe cone9! My wife wants to try it with shrimp. Slowly bringing her to the pepper side.
I made this up on the fly having made similar sauces before.  I'd add more milk (like 3/4 cup) and not reduce it down so much next time as it does thicken up a lot when you stir in the Parmesan.  And fresh basil would be much better - a couple tablespoons chopped fine.

This is a great recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cajun-seafood-pasta/
Just leave out the dried peppers and sub in some fresh stuff!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looks tasty, too much heat will over power the Alfredo. I made that mistake with a 4 cheese cream sauce.

True dat.

I did a very similar dish with a home made cheese sauce over chicken and pasta a couple of days ago. If you go a little crazy with the hot peppers, it will over power the sauce.

Sounds like a great pairing of pepper to food! My mouth is watering. With the more I read about this lemon drop pepper, the more I am dying to grow it next season.

Bookmarked in anticipation. Thanks cone9!

Back