• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Let's See Your Nagas!

Thanks. I grow 3 or 4 per pot. I have very limited space here and their never gonna be planted outside. Plus when I started I was a newb (lol, hardly advanced now) and I didn't know better.

Are jolokia's and naga's the same pepper.

Either way good pic taken today at the chilli factory Nsw Aus.

100_4988.jpg

thats one heck of a setup...

nagas vs jolokias?....from reading about them, there are 4 (5) of this type of pepper that people talk about...Naga Morich, Dorset Naga, Bhut Jolokia, and Bih Jolokia (and some are called Naga Jolokia)...the growth habits of them are very similar...I am growing all 4 (5) varieties this year so I can see for myself...it seems that one of the differences is the number of pods per node...I call them the Holy Quintity

Nagas and Bhuts are extemely easy to grow, well at least the plants are. If you can spit and hit the ground you can grow Naga and Bhut plants
k30k0k.jpg

Timmmy newbie said:

Out of the Naga and Jolokia's that have been tested the Naga Morich is the hottest in the world , followed by the Bih Jolokia (India,Assam), Bhut Jolokia (CPI New Mexico Guiness World Records current holder) all over 1million SHU's, Dorset Naga (selected from the Naga Morich) 923,000 SHU's then Naga Jolokia is at 855,000SHU's.

I think the Bih Jolokia and Bhut Jolokia are probably the same
and the Dorset Naga was taken from the Naga Morich. I'm growing them at the moment and will take records to find out for sure.
According to Frontal Agritech who grow the Bhut Jolokia they say that they are all the same but have different names. But the Naga Jolokia is actually a long skinny chilli and people say that they don't actually taste very hot.

The Pods don't all grow the same on one plant either so it is a bit hard to tell but hopefully will know soon.

I've grown most of them and they all have differences but are likely all from the same genetics so genetically they may be the same but due to adaptation and selective breeding they have become different. The nagas are also said to contain some C. frutescens, and I haven't heard confirmation on whether the bhutts or Trinni varieties also contain these genes but I've always said that nowing this would clear up a lot of questions.
The "Naga Jolokia" is really an older outdated term(meaning Naga pepper) that covers all the naga types as well as some C. annuums, and C. frutescens varieties(Pc-1) and is not a seperate variety

Here's my first BigBang Naga(Large Bangladesh type)pod of the year just starting
3413560431_d346922c12.jpg

Wildfire Chilli Australia;186430][QUOTE=Timmmy newbie said:

Out of the Naga and Jolokia's that have been tested the Naga Morich is the hottest in the world , followed by the Bih Jolokia (India,Assam), Bhut Jolokia (CPI New Mexico Guiness World Records current holder) all over 1million SHU's, Dorset Naga (selected from the Naga Morich) 923,000 SHU's then Naga Jolokia is at 855,000SHU's.

I think the Bih Jolokia and Bhut Jolokia are probably the same
and the Dorset Naga was taken from the Naga Morich. I'm growing them at the moment and will take records to find out for sure.
According to Frontal Agritech who grow the Bhut Jolokia they say that they are all the same but have different names. But the Naga Jolokia is actually a long skinny chilli and people say that they don't actually taste very hot.

The Pods don't all grow the same on one plant either so it is a bit hard to tell but hopefully will know soon.

Frontal Agritech did not grow the first Bhutts dude ignore the promtional rubbish
Potwies words are on the mark :)

PeteyPepper said:
My Naga getting hardenend off...two more weeks until it is permanently outside and in its final resting place - a 5 gal pot.

IMG_3363.jpg

Should be proud that plant looks like its enjoyed its time with you
id be proud to show that to anybody :)

PeteyPepper said:
My Naga getting hardenend off...two more weeks until it is permanently outside and in its final resting place - a 5 gal pot.

IMG_3363.jpg
Now that's a beautiful plant. what's that in the pot? peat?

Back