Longest bell peppers I've ever seen. Can anyone ID these?

Is there a variety of bell that grows really long peppers like this? Or is this probably a hybrid? I'm leaning toward variety because they had a whole bin full of them at Fiesta mexican grocery store. Although the red bells they usually have are normal looking if not maybe a bit small.

3259499248_a5f77b4143.jpg

3259499544_3f4446e664.jpg

There are some really long bells on the market, but are you sure they're not a Marconi, or Aconcagua or some other sweet non-bell?

Hm, go browse chileplants.com. You can set the advanced search for 'sweet' and '> 5 inches' and get several that look like that pepper, some hybrids, some not.

You can almost hear them screaming to be filled with yummy goodness then set on the grill.

I'm thinking a sweet Italian sausage, provolone, rice, maybe some basil and oregano, topped with some freshly grated Parmesan....oh my.

TriniHottie said:
Those are Very expensive here... the supermarkets import them....

Every other store in town bell peppers are like 2.00 or more a piece. That Mexican grocery store rules!

They have really cheap tomatoes and it's only place in town I can find manzanos, rocotos & really corked red jalapenos. I'm a sucker for a ripe red jalapeno

Philipperv said:
Texas IS Mexico now! :lol:

zinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Bull S***!!!

Back