• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS THING!

It's a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet, first pod off the plant (the rest of them are lobed, this one is not). It's been grown in the Fozfarn Ocean Floor/Happy Tree Frog mix that I made of the two. This thing is insainly huge. Going to eat it raw tonight.....mwahahaha :onfire:

jsbsmallxa0.jpg

fineexampl said:
I wish someone would mail me some scotch bonnets. :(

I would mail you some seeds but I don't have any harvested yet. And at this point I can't guentee they are true seeds anymore.

imaguitargod said:
I would mail you some seeds but I don't have any harvested yet. And at this point I can't guentee they are true seeds anymore.
izz all good man. i'm just sore over missing the pepper festival. :(

That is nice size Scoth Bonnet I have this year like all different shapes Scotch Bonnet & almost like orange in color but they all taste the same great flavor.

nice pod Iggy...I was almost afraid to open this thread when I saw the title...

imaguitargod said:
It's a Jamaican Scotch Bonnet, first pod off the plant (the rest of them are lobed, this one is not). It's been grown in the Fozfarn Ocean Floor/Happy Tree Frog mix that I made of the two. This thing is insainly huge. Going to eat it raw tonight.....mwahahaha :onfire:

jsbsmallxa0.jpg

These are lovely tasting peppers one of my favorites and as the title says a real bonnet indeed..I.G bet your taste buds are tingling buddy :)

talas said:
These are lovely tasting peppers one of my favorites and as the title says a real bonnet indeed..I.G bet your taste buds are tingling buddy :)

I was actually slightly dissappointed by it. I'm going to wait for the next one, maybe the fist was a tase dud...

skealo said:
Do they taste similar to a Hab?
Scotch Bonnets are strange, they are one of the few peppers I have a hard time describing the taste to. They are not really like habs in the sense that they are not very fruity tasting. There is an every so slight and minute fruit taste, but not anything near say a Red Savina which are overtly fruity.

It is a taste, however, that when you do have it once or twice, you can pick it out of a crowd again very easly.

Now I think Scotch Bonnets are very fruity with a lovely sweet/perfumed smell, but not the citrus fruit taste you get from some Habs and less heat.

Less heat than a hab, true, but I don't think the difference is very big, if Habs' heat is 10, theirs is 9 imo.

I'm hoping to try one next season. Ours is almost over and I'm hoping to grow scotch bonnets next year.

Thanks!

rainbowberry said:
Now I think Scotch Bonnets are very fruity with a lovely sweet/perfumed smell, but not the citrus fruit taste you get from some Habs and less heat.

Thats exactly the way i'd describe them to someone else.

imaguitargod said:
Keep in mind, I did say this one was a flavor dud and it was the first fresh jsb I've ever had.

Ah! Yes you did. I think you'll really dig them once you try a nice stout one.

My scotch bonnets have been VERY fruity and sweet - much more than habs. I think they're my new favorite pepper. The flavor is just explosive. The one's I've grown are just as hot as my orange hab's - maybe hotter, they certainly have a lot more placental tissue.

Wanna see a pic of mine? They're a little different than yours. Yours look more like my congo trin, being large, tall(ish) and smoother skinned. Or maybe mine are crossed. Mine are stout, pimply... Is gourdish a word?

Back