• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Lookie what I found at Meijer!!

Their Rogan Josh is awesome. One of the best things to come out of a jar.

Seal some Lamb shanks in oil using a casserole pot with a little cracked pepper and salt. Pour in enough Rogan josh to cover (usually 2 jars for me) and simmer for 3-5 hours. The longer you cook it the more the meat will fall from the bone. 

Add some carrots and potatoes for the last 30-40 minutes. Serve on boiled/steamed rice.

Bloody delicious mate!!!

SR.

Pauly you old hoarde.... I mean, collector. Hot sauces not enough now or do you already own every last one known to man.....? ;)

Am I missing something here? Last time I had Pataks that shite had no pop! Like, I'm not even sure they used spices in the stuff. If I'm having those types of curries I better damn well be able to taste spices, dammit! That was years and years ago, though, so maybe they have since changed their recipes? I remember the Passage To sauces being good but I haven't had them in years either.

Pauly's shopping list for the weekend!  :lol: 

OK, maybe for a week's worth of dinners~~~

Gonna have to get on Hank's buyers to get some of those things up here.  Looks soooo good. 

Nice score. I haven't tried that brand, but I love me some madras curry powder.

salsalady said:

Gonna have to get on Hank's buyers to get some of those things up here.  Looks soooo good. 
If you want anything specific in the meantime hit me up. I live a block away from a kickass Indian grocery store, and I happen to have some extra space in a MFRB headed to Scovie soon. Spices are super cheap there. It would be no trouble for me. I shop there all the time.

muskymojo said:

If you want anything specific in the meantime hit me up. I live a block away from a kickass Indian grocery store, and I happen to have some extra space in a MFRB headed to Scovie soon. Spices are super cheap there. It would be no trouble for me. I shop there all the time.
Oh DUDE! Hook Me up!!!!  Whatever will fit in the box!  And PM on the way!
PM sent~

gasificada said:
Pauly you old hoarde.... I mean, collector. Hot sauces not enough now or do you already own every last one known to man.....? ;)

Am I missing something here? Last time I had Pataks that shite had no pop! Like, I'm not even sure they used spices in the stuff. If I'm having those types of curries I better damn well be able to taste spices, dammit! That was years and years ago, though, so maybe they have since changed their recipes? I remember the Passage To sauces being good but I haven't had them in years either.

GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Man!! How the hell are ya????

Yeah....haven't tried'em yet....but I'm sure hoping for the best!

salsalady said:
Pauly's shopping list for the weekend!  :lol:

OK, maybe for a week's worth of dinners~~~

:dance:  I sure hope they work out. It'll make life much easier around here if they do!
grantmichaels said:
I can vouch for the madras in the brand w/ the colorful labels - have used many times.

looks like you've got two, too ...

Yes.....and that was no accident. It's the one I am the most familiar with. I can't wait to use them!

I've cooked with everything in the middle third (including the thai).  All great bases.  I usually add more chillies/salt/spices depending on where i'm going with it.

Looks like you're gonna have your curry mojo going on strong PK :)

paulky_2000 said:
GAS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Man!! How the hell are ya????

Apart from just coming outta a 2+ week bout of food poisoning, doing pretty good now. Worst ever. But yeah, these days I've just been busy as hell, aye. Sadly, no time for forums and all that anymore. :(

How the heck you been??? Don't think you've been around these parts in a while either.......? Still cooking up some real storms by the looks of things!

Damn, just thinking.... sure do miss them good old days, aye!

gasificada said:
Apart from just coming outta a 2+ week bout of food poisoning, doing pretty good now. Worst ever. But yeah, these days I've just been busy as hell, aye. Sadly, no time for forums and all that anymore. :(

How the heck you been??? Don't think you've been around these parts in a while either.......? Still cooking up some real storms by the looks of things!

Damn, just thinking.... sure do miss them good old days, aye!
Wow! I sure am sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I've never had it, but I've seen it up close and know it really sucks!

Yeah.....after getting back from Afghanistan, life kinda just swept me away. I felt like a twig on the shoulders of a mighty stream! Things have leveled out, at least for now..

Here's to the good old days!!!

Sweet P2K. Let us know how those turn out when you get to each.

I've got an Indian grocery down the street from me. I usually hit that up when sourcing fresh stuff or spices I can't find in the "normal" grocery store... which is sad, because the Indian grocery is awesome. 

I'm hitting that store more often these days. You gave me more things to keep an eye out for!

And that's a major heads up, because that store is packed like an organized hoarder's house.

paulky_2000 said:
Here's to the good old days!!!

You forgot this...
:cheers:

(Damn, I been so busy that I don't even drink no more, can you believe.........? :shocked:)

So you cooked any of them sauces yet? Pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say: we're all waiting on pics!!! You know the rules.... :P

SumOfMyBits said:
Sweet P2K. Let us know how those turn out when you get to each.

I've got an Indian grocery down the street from me. I usually hit that up when sourcing fresh stuff or spices I can't find in the "normal" grocery store... which is sad, because the Indian grocery is awesome. 

I'm hitting that store more often these days. You gave me more things to keep an eye out for!

And that's a major heads up, because that store is packed like an organized hoarder's house.

gasificada said:

You forgot this...
:cheers:

(Damn, I been so busy that I don't even drink no more, can you believe.........? :shocked:)

So you cooked any of them sauces yet? Pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say: we're all waiting on pics!!! You know the rules.... :P

Here we go! Can't say it's "straight out of the jar"........but I just don't play that way! Had to add mushrooms.....and used the bulk of it to go "biryani style"

Rogan Josh: (with a cameo of the new pressure cooker!)

More to follow!!

After it cooked in the pressure cooker.....and then simmered on the stove...

BLAM!!!

More to follow......but that's another thread!

Back