• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Looking for a good, hot... SAUCE

Hi, I'm new here, but not all that new to hot sauces (definitely no pro).

I've been looking at hot sauces all over the place, but haven't really tried all that many. The hottest so far being Dave's Ultimate Insanity. I wasn't too keen on it since it was just too retardedly hot for me. I like to feel the burn, but I don't want my tongue to be decimated either.

I've been hearing alot about the Defcons here, and was curious just how hot they really are (in comparison to the likes of Dave's). I'm not looking for anything weak like Tobasco (I absolutely hate Tobasco because of the over-use of vinegar), and I'm not looking for any oil-only extract type things. I'm trying to get a "sauce" in the vain of sayyyy the stuff they serve at Hooters, I guess. Just lookin for a little thickness to it...something I can pour directly on foods.

I found a sauce that they serve at the chow hall here (I'm military) called "Buffalo Bob's Extra Spicy Everything Sauce" that I like alot, but I couldn't find but one place online that sells it. If you've had it, imagine something like 3x as spicy as that. Another example is Taco Bell Fire Sauce...I love that stuff, but I wish it was hotter. I want a good amount of pain, but not as high as Ultimate Insanity, yet I want flavor too :lol:

Any suggestions?

Defcon 1? Not 2 or 3 then? I am looking for a middle-ground between Taco Bell Fire sauce packets and Ultimate Insanity, you know :)

I'm up for it as long as it's not gonna blast my face off :lol:

You seriously think D1 is the way to go?

Also Cap'n's Red Savina, Intensity Academy, Jersey Devil's Brew... and lots more.

I think the Daves Insanity sauce you had was a extract sauce, which I'm not a fan of extract sauces either, but to each their own.
I know everyones taste buds are different but I think Tabasco Chipotle is a tasty sauce not hot but tasty with a little spice, & Tabasco Habanero sauce I think its very tasty.
some others that I've tried that are really good & they're not extract sauces.
- arizona gunslinger, smokling hot jalapeno pepper sauce
- dat'l do it, devil drops, (great flavor but not truely hot)
- el yucateco, salsa picante de chile habanero sauce (red version) good heat but its a tomatoe base sauce which I'm not a true fan of, but still a decent hot sauce & cheap :lol:
- pain 100% (IMO this is really hot! for not being a extract sauce)
- (habanero)hot sauce from hell, beyound hot
- (try me) yucatan sunshine habanero sauce
- marie sharps habanero sauce, I really liked this one, hot & great flavor.

& yes all these have vinegar in them, some more than others but then I also like some of that vinegar flavor. I like to sit down & eat hot sauce on chips & enjoy the flavor, so extracts are not for me.

one of the hottest non-extract sauces I've had recently is Cajohns 10

if you want pure heat just buy an extract but don't expect much flavour, well not decent flavour anyway. Mega Death isn't too bad but most have a taste somewhere between burnt cat and some sort of metallic substance and most will reduce you to tears

Living where I do, it is hard for me to mail-order hot sauces, but I just got 6 sauces from CAJOHN, and I really like his Z Extremely Hot Sauce rated at 4 million SHU. Normally, I don't like lots of fruit juices/purees in my sauces, but with the extract sauces, i've found that it really improves the flavor of them. A drop or 2 of this sauce is plenty to spice up anything.

Cheap and easy to find:

El Yucateco is cheap, hot ( not "stupid" hot) and walmart stocks it. Look for the natural color " original Mayan recipe".

Matouk's sauces have a lot of heat for cheap.

I love Marie Sharp's also marketed as Sontava!

chuk hell said:
Cheap and easy to find:

El Yucateco is cheap, hot ( not "stupid" hot) and walmart stocks it. Look for the natural color " original Mayan recipe".

Matouk's sauces have a lot of heat for cheap.

I love Marie Sharp's also marketed as Sontava!

I'll have to agree with that. I loooooove the REALLY hot stuff, but on occasion I like something different. I have the El Yucateco in my fridge at home. It's nice and spicy and tastes REALLY good. If I wasn't so addicted to the capaicin I'd probably eat it more. I still dump it on my pizza once in a while. Definitely a good sauce. I like the Much Habanero one. (Can't speak spanish to well;))

defcon 2 is one of the best tasting sauces i have ever had.

my person favorite sauce is probably fatalii fire or daves hurtin habanero.

enix2093 said:
I decided to go with Defcon 2 for starters to be safe, and if its not hot enough I can always come back for the Defcon 1 :think:

If you mix the two of those, you can get substantial heat, but still have a TON of good flavor.

Back