• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

baking Looking for baked chip recipe

Title says it all. Recipe can be spicy, bbq or plain jane chips. Looking to make my own vessel to consume with my homemade hot sauce.

must they be baked? I made some really good homemade chips a little while ago, but they were deep fried in Canola oil. I used a mandoline and sliced Yukon Gold potatoes as thin as I could, put them in oil at about 375F and hit them with sea salt and cracked pepper as soon as they came out.

I'm no cook but I would have thought you'd just slice the potatoes thinly, spray/cover with oil, salt, seasoning etc and bake for about 20 minutes.

rainbowberry said:
I'm no cook but I would have thought you'd just slice the potatoes thinly, spray/cover with oil, salt, seasoning etc and bake for about 20 minutes.
Sounds about right. gonna try it myself... just that mine are going to be all deep red from chile powder. :lol:

Try some baked plantain chips. Peel the plantain, cut it in half, then slice it lenthwise. Now the rest it up to you, I'm used to them fried, but they are delicious.

Back