wanted Looking for Kashmiri MIrch seeds

May anyone here know where i can get them.. Otherwise i could trade or send money if theres someone who grows that pappers.

Please contact me if you can find or have some seeds. Ive been looking for hours in the net and dont know any person who grows them too.

Greets André

This one?
http://www.chilly.in/Indian_chilli_varieties.htm (no seeds here)

Kashmiri Mirch
One of much in demand chilli in India is Kashmiri Mirch. Though there is lot of wrong claims, the true Kashmir Mirch is grown in Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir . It has smooth shinning skin and fleshy with dark red in color. They are mild in pungency and have a fruit like flavor.

Biscombe said:

Thanks for that link, but i think that wont be original kashmiri seeds. Have you already tried them? They say on that page, that their heatlevel is 4/5, that would be 8/10. The originals arent that hot, they are about 3 or 4/10.

POTAWIE said:
This one?
http://www.chilly.in/Indian_chilli_varieties.htm (no seeds here)

Kashmiri Mirch
One of much in demand chilli in India is Kashmiri Mirch. Though there is lot of wrong claims, the true Kashmir Mirch is grown in Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir . It has smooth shinning skin and fleshy with dark red in color. They are mild in pungency and have a fruit like flavor.

Yes, that sounds right!

If you get them I hope you make Kashmiri Rogan Josh, an awesome Indian dish!

Most chiles sold as Kashmiri look a lot like this:
92971079af0f35e084.jpg

Apparently that's how they should look:
kashmiricj9.jpg

Hi Andy, Kashmiris are valued for their colour not their taste or heat. If its the colour you are wanting try Cascabel chilli. They are dried Chile Bola and when ground into powder give a deep red colour. If you cannot find any I could send you some seeds.

I am also seeking Kashmiri Mirch seeds, so please let me know if you find a true source. And they ARE sought out for their unique flavor, as well as for their ability to add color.

I was shoppng in an Indian grocery today, and asked if they had Kashmiri Mirch, and they had the ground pepper. Not sure if it's the real deal, as it was only $1.50 a box, but I still bought 3 boxes.

Back