wanted Looking for some Jalapeno and Habenaro seeds

I usually buy plants from the local nursery but they usually don't have habs and the Jalapenos leave a lot to be desired in flavor and heat. So I am looking for some quality seeds for both varieties. Checked a couple online vendors I see recommended here but none seemed to have Jalapeno and I really don't want to buy seeds from two different places if I can avoid to save on shipping. Thanks for any help.

I've got a couple different types of Jalapeno seeds I can share, and a few Habanero varieties as well. If you'll PM me your address I'll be happy to send you some.

Alan

You might also wanna try even a local store like home depot or lowes, I dont know if you consider there seeds quality as I have never bought from them, but I know they carry them

I just bought some billy biker jalapeno's from lowe's. From what I can tell it is one of the best Jalapeno varieties out there.
I also saw Ornage Hab seeds there as well, so you should be about to pick them both up at home depot, lowe's or maybe Wal-Mart.

Lowe's and Home Depot both should be putting out plants by now if you want to check and see what they have. Live plants could save you six weeks or so of growing time, if they have anything you want.

Alan

yah they dont usally have anything good. all they have is Hot banana, Sweet banana, Long slim cayenne, Pablano, Red Bell, and Jalapeno. nothing rare

FadeToBlack said:
Yeah i checked their plant selection and it is pretty weak if your looking for anything hot.

This is very true. I can only find the basic Orange Habanero and TAM Jalapeno, and maybe a plant of the Goliath Jalapeno. But over all they do have a pretty small selection to choose from.

Alan

I don't know about the OP climate, but if he wants fruits this season and wants nothing rarer than habs and jalapenos plants from a local store is great if he has that option.

where i live theres a garden store that sells red caribbean hab and early jalapeno. its about a 7 hr drive from morgantown wv and they are expensive. theres another that sells trinadad scorpions, chocolate habs and a whole lot more thats about 6 1/2 hrs.

Hey xc try AM FOG I know they have damn near anything you want.They are in I central VA.Check them out online. Rich

it was not me who was looking for them and i have everything they have. what i was talking about was a place in pa. they have a huge chile pepper fest that salsa companys from all over the northeast and mid atlantic come and let everyone try free samples and sell there products and they also have pick your own peppers off this guys farm not the commen cayenne habanero and bell peppers but bhut jolokias, trinadad 7 pod and other uncommen stuff

Is there a specific variety of either you ate looking for? I have a few of each. Just hit me with a pm. I'll get you some.

Mister_Al hooked me up with what seems like a pretty great variety, especially coming from the pretty lame selections from Lowe's/Wal-Mart that I have grown in the past.

As far as what I was looking for...not really sure...I just figured there had to something different/better than what was offered at the big box stores or my local green houses which deal mostly in flowers and normal everyday garden veggies. I think the seeds I have now should give me a pretty good start on my future of pepper plantings and the chance to try some stuff I have never had the chance to try. Maybe next year I will even kick it up and go for some hotter offerings than what the habs will give me this year.

Thanks everyone for the help and the offers and a HUGE thanks to Mister_Al for the great hookup.

Back