vendor Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

I was lucky enough to be one of the recent winners that Scott had last week for the first to reply to a thread. I went with the Pink label. Wow I never thought I would like the smoke flavor in any sauce but boy oh boy was I wrong. It has an amazing flavor profile and just the right amount of heat to make this a really enjoyable hot sauce. This sauce could literally go on anything you want to try it with. Its so good on its own that just sitting there with a tsp of it on its own is great. I would highly recommend this sauce for anyone and everyone looking for a great tasting sauce with medium heat(by my standards). Its a winner Scott and once again a BIG THANK YOU !!!

filmost said:
Been meaning to get this posted. Before I went to the US earlier this month, I got in touch with LDHS and he hooked me and my buddies up with a crate of sauce! Lovely, lovely bottles! Even threw in an extra bottle of the Brown Label for a total of 13 bottles ;-) You rock Scott!

The "baker's dozen" as we say.

How do you like the sauce?

Sadly, I have not had a chance to crack any of these opens. Boss lady says I can't open any new ones until I finish the ones I already have open in the fridge :-(

My buddies and I are planning on getting together and doing reviews for ya though!

Met up with Mr. Lucky dog himself today. Real nice guy with great sauces. Took a spoonfull of the black label and it has a lot of flavor and smells great. It's spicy but not burn your eyes out spicey. I took it to work and some people couldn't handle it smh. Great taste though I need to Crack open the brown label. I agree with him on changing the label to say mild rather then hot because it's not hot it's mild. Maybe have 2 versions of it the medium and blazing. Good stuff props!! I'll be back for more and for those fresh cherries that were in front of your stand. Those were legit also. Hmmm maybe a cherry hot sauce who knows

LA 2 the Bay said:
Met up with Mr. Lucky dog himself today. Real nice guy with great sauces. Took a spoonfull of the black label and it has a lot of flavor and smells great. It's spicy but not burn your eyes out spicey. I took it to work and some people couldn't handle it smh. Great taste though I need to Crack open the brown label. I agree with him on changing the label to say mild rather then hot because it's not hot it's mild. Maybe have 2 versions of it the medium and blazing. Good stuff props!! I'll be back for more and for those fresh cherries that were in front of your stand. Those were legit also. Hmmm maybe a cherry hot sauce who knows

Well, as it's a creeping scotch bonnet sauce it'll say "medium" - it's hotter than mild, though it starts out pretty mild for a chilehead. To a non-chilehead it's a medium, so I'll either 1. change the label to say Medium (tempting, as the flavor is perfect) or add a bit more ghost pepper to heat it up to a "Hot".  As it is the heat is slightly overstated. 

The scotch bonnet vexes me. heh

Was nice to have met you & thanks again for trying my sauces!  The Black Label is definitely a creeper - after 4-5 bites it gets fairly respectably hot. Not an "extreme" sauce by any means, but then I don't really make "extreme" sauces. 
;)

Well, as it's a creeping scotch bonnet sauce it'll say "medium" - it's hotter than mild, though it starts out pretty mild for a chilehead. To a non-chilehead it's a medium, so I'll either 1. change the label to say Medium (tempting, as the flavor is perfect) or add a bit more ghost pepper to heat it up to a "Hot".  As it is the heat is slightly overstated. 

The scotch bonnet vexes me. heh

Was nice to have met you & thanks again for trying my sauces!  The Black Label is definitely a creeper - after 4-5 bites it gets fairly respectably hot. Not an "extreme" sauce by any means, but then I don't really make "extreme" sauces. 

;)

Your sauce was extreme for some people at my work lol. Made them sweat hahaha

I just got a box from LDHS a few days ago.  Scuba Steve's Starfish Emporium was on the label which made me laugh.  He hooked me up with a great deal!  I ended up getting all 8 of his sauces!  I only have one cracked open so far, but it is delicious.  Can't remember which color, but it is the scotch bonnet sauce.

Thanks again LDHS!

filmost said:
FINALLY got a chance to crack open one of LDHS' sauces over the weekend. Dia Del Perro is amazing!
My buddies all agreed as well. Could use a smidgen more heat, but overall pretty damn near perfect in my book. Cheers Scott!
It's a lower heat sauce for sure - that one's all about flavor.

On certain foods that sauce shines - enchiladas with red sauce,chile rellenos, pizza, eggs, burgers.

Appreciate the kind words - hope you enjoy my other varieties! I do have some hots as well. ;)

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
It's a lower heat sauce for sure - that one's all about flavor.

On certain foods that sauce shines - enchiladas with red sauce,chile rellenos, pizza, eggs, burgers.

Appreciate the kind words - hope you enjoy my other varieties! I do have some hots as well. ;)

I hope to get to those soon mate!

D3monic said:
Ooo look at that, the hotter version of brown label get's the gold foil treatment 
Actually all my sauces did, but the newer Brown is the only one Out so far. Orange Label soon to follow.
;)
SL3 said:
I got "Lucky" this evening when I got home from work!!! :D  Can't wait to try the New Brown Label. Thanks Scott.

Nice pic! Glad they made it there ok & thanks again for your order!

I Ordered 3 different sauces, because I had heard that the LDHS is well renown for their flavor profiles. 

I ordered the Brown Label, Dia Del Perro, and the Red Label. 

They were all packaged nicely, and arrived in good time.   I also received a button with my order that is now on my wall in my office.  

I plan to post product reviews sometime soon of his products, and I hope that I don't eat them all before I can finish the reviews! 

Do not hesitate to purchase from LDHS.  The flavor and service is great. 

Back