• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Madhatter's 2011 garden

Great picture's Yann and some beautifull varieties there you must be proud.

Thanks Wouter, All the time put in starts paying off as you know. BTW got your seeds. Let me know when yours arrive

Your pods are looking good. Your just teasing me!! Are you gona be selling any seed's?

Thanks dude. I dont sell seeds. Probably trade some in the fall like everyone does.

Very fine pod pics man. You have some serious heat growing. :mouthonfire:
Thanks SS. Just trying to keep up 1/4 to what you have bro

Awesome. Drool.
:eek:

Yeah they have a tendency to do that..Especially when you eat them :hell:

Outstanding work. Enjoy the fruits of your labor :onfire:
Much appreciated!

Great looking plants! That Purple bhut is gorgeous.
Yeah its one of my favorites this year. Beautiful plant.

is this canario a rocoto/locoto/manzano type?

I think the Canario is more of a Manzano type but i'm not 100% sure

I been wondering when you would start your log hatter. Definitely worth the wait you've got some freaking fantastic looking pods growing!

The accidental 7 Pod BS 7 Pod Barrackpore cross is beautiful man! Can't imagine the heat of the 7 BS in a pepper that grows to the size of the Barrackpore 7.

The first 7 Pod Primo picture may just usurp the 7 Brain Strain as the scariest looking pepper pod I've ever seen. If there was a pepper growing magazine that bad boy would be a centerfold.

Dang it madman you got me all tingly and stuff!

My friend. You say the funniest stuff..Tingly?? :lol: Anyhow the brainstrain x barrackpore was very hot and had a great taste. Like the Brain strain. I might grow it out next year for fun. Those Primo's are just crazy. Fore sure a pepper from hell.
Remember Patrick you da man!

Awesome man! Great to see you got your pics uploaded. Those plants are unbelievable. And that primo is insane!! Crazy looking Madballz...gotta love that one. Also great to be over and sample the sunrise scorp and your brain strain / barrackpore cross....that was seriously hot!
Ballz great having you over for the test dude. Alway great to drink and eat fire. The Madballz has turned out to be a top notch pepper. Your place next for beers and tests

Beautiful photos and pods.....Keep'em C'mon
Thanks Pic, There will be more. Just waiting on some more stuff to come along

Fantastic plants Yann! With so many unique varieties, I feel like a kid in a candy store looking at your pictures. I can wait to see pictures of your 7 pot x Jamaican Hot Chocolate. I think that is the Chocolate 7 Pot that Jacob sent me last year right? Also, what is unique about the sunrise scorpion? I had seeds last year but could not get them to germinate (Along with the Chocolate 7). Just wondering why they are called sunrise scorps.

Michael, Thanks for the nice comments bro. The sunrise scorps got its name because the pods face upright facing the sky instead of the ground. I'll post some pictures of the jamaican hot chocolate x 7 pot. The one i grew from the f2's took a really cool shape with stingers unlike jacobs plants.
f2's can have all types of different looking plants from what iv'e seen.
I'll take shots of it this weekend.

cheers

Yann

Cool pods man! my favorites must be your Primos and also the Douglah cross oh and the barrackpore cross.
barrackpore and primos are on my list for next year and already got 4 Primo plants ready under lights for some real early pods!
:dance:

Just some updates and new pods.
Chocolate Trinidad scorpion. These pods are HUGE!
6089604375_4775b6a0a1.jpg

6089604373_e124a9aa72.jpg

6090249484_9a79787b1a.jpg

Yellow 7 large. Maybe a bit larger than the original but not as wrinkly
6089604393_070be64bd6.jpg

Original Trinidad Scorpion producing
6090178656_bdf5dda2b7.jpg

Barrackpore x 7 Pot brain strain on top of some Roma Tomato. These get quite large
6090249480_d4b8893132.jpg

Some douglah with some Butch T x Douglah f1
6090249486_c1b22ccc1e.jpg

Hey Yann,
Wow! nice pictures you got some interesting ones.
I dont know if it was from you or someone else i got 1 seed of Chocolate Trinidad scorpion. I know the source also was from JR.
Long story short i got it to grow and my pods are huge as well and it produce alot.

Have a good one and keep the pictures coming they are lovely.

Madhatter, Beautiful looking pods, Butch t x Douglah, what a combo, what a knock-out "punch", Bet those smoke, also your yellow/7/pot large look similar to mine, their still hot and citrusy, and those "primo's".......

awesome to see the chocolate scorps turning out so well and the primo's are crazy looking. The barrackpore X brain had some great heat when we tried it...good flavour too. September already. We'll hang out soon before the plants start giving up on us.

Looking great, very nice pictures, love them choco trinidads and the primo's
Wouter. Yeah both are awesome. my favorites of the year. Also loved pepperlover's red bhut and the T.S morouga yellow.

Great pics, especially the Chocolate Trinidad scorpion and Devils Tongue White looks awesome :dance:
Thanks Meatfreak. The devils tongue white is very productive. Havent tried the heat yet but i hear they are not as hot as the yellow one.

Hey Yann,
Wow! nice pictures you got some interesting ones.
I dont know if it was from you or someone else i got 1 seed of Chocolate Trinidad scorpion. I know the source also was from JR.
Long story short i got it to grow and my pods are huge as well and it produce alot.

Have a good one and keep the pictures coming they are lovely.

Oscar, Thanks bro..The chocolate scorps are from JR(thanks Grant!). I had two plants and both turned brown but the other plant didnt produce any pods with stingers. Hybrid perhaps.

Sick pics man! I love those Choc TScorps. Real mean looking! Looks :mouthonfire:
Thanks dude. The Choc Scorps are awesome and crazy hot. :mouthonfire:

How do they compare for flavor, texture, and heat?

Your plants and peppers all look pretty amazing btw, keep up the good work and posting all the fun pron! :cheers:
I havent tried them yet. Perhaps this weekend or next with Ballzworth if he's up to it.

Madhatter, Beautiful looking pods, Butch t x Douglah, what a combo, what a knock-out "punch", Bet those smoke, also your yellow/7/pot large look similar to mine, their still hot and citrusy, and those "primo's".......
Pic, The Butch T x Douglah is insane heat. Cant wait to see how they look in the F2 stage.

awesome to see the chocolate scorps turning out so well and the primo's are crazy looking. The barrackpore X brain had some great heat when we tried it...good flavour too. September already. We'll hang out soon before the plants start giving up on us.
Thanks Ballz. Nice to have a fellow pepperhead near to enjoy the beers,firebombs, UFC and hockey

Back