Magic Bullet

lostmind said:
I tossed my manual but looks like you don't need it :)

At least you didn't toss your cookies....that's even harder to clean up than a tossed manual....hmmm...I wonder, is that how confetti is made?

I checked the web, over here these go for 2000-3000 bucks and more!!! If I ever need to blend my golf cub (which I don't have) I might have to make that investment! :) They are far cheaper in the U.S. though.

Oh, I am talking about the Blendtec monsters not the Magic Bullet!!!!

Chiliac said:
I noticed that buying a set of new silicon o-rings would cost almost as much as a new machine!!! I hope mine will last for a while. Any experiences?!

Chiliac,My G/F has had her Bullet about 4 yrs now and she never had to replace the rings yet and I had mine over a yr and no ring problems.So you should be good for awhile.

Thanks, that's reliefing! I saw various people advertising these rings in packs of 4 or more and so I thought that they wear off pretty fast.

So far I am very happy with my household's newest member! :)

Glad your happy. The thing is great.If you have
a dehydrator Try this... Take 2 cloves of garlic
peel em slice em thin then dehydrate til brittle
dehydrate your favorite chile til brittle then throw
em into the bullet with the flat blade and you got
chile flavored garlic powder.

I actually did sth similiar using my old blender a few weeks ago: dehydrated peppers, onions and garlic mixed with sea salt. I'll give your "recipe" :) a shot though, I have plenty of dried peppers atm and it sounds tasty!

this thread made me nostalgic...in third year i lived alone and left to my own devices i'll go to bed in the 3am timeframe, and i never had cable so i'd just get cbc and ctv off air so i watched the infomercial for the magic bullet a lot that year cuz everynight it came on at 1am and i'd ussually like something making noise in the background...i was always tempted to buy one but never did...

Pepperfreak said:
IMO...you can't go wrong with these. I also agree with AJ, I love the fact that it completely seals the pepper powder in, no escaping unless you open it too soon.

Potawie, you can find more lids, blades and seals on ebay and usually for a decent price.

Next to my dehydrator, it is the most used kitchen appliance that I own.

YEE HAW! Thank's to Chiliac's thread I roamed ebay and shot one for 10.50 €!

ok I know what the bullet looks like from previous years but never really looked at it close up (cuz didnt care about it back then)
how are they with powder waste ? I know you say they're easy to clean up but that could mean anything.
I have a "mr. coffee" grinder & IMO its to hard to clean the powder off it cuz of to many edges, otherwise yea it cleans up easily too, but at the loss of some powder.

I dont know if some of you care about this but I hate loosing some chile powder from a limited number pods I have when they're not your basic chiles.
I even started to wash the chile powder out of it to save in the hopes of evaporating the water & leaving chile powder - to say the least that does not work!! shit starts growing in that water :shocked:
but only thought of maybe putting that water/powder in the dehydrator & then water is gone but just thought of we're dealing with powder so thats not gonna work (fan)

just rambling on, sorry LOL, just want to stop powder waste.

chilehunter said:
I dont know if some of you care about this but I hate loosing some chile powder from a limited number pods I have when they're not your basic chiles.
I even started to wash the chile powder out of it to save in the hopes of evaporating the water & leaving chile powder - to say the least that does not work!! shit starts growing in that water :shocked:
but only thought of maybe putting that water/powder in the dehydrator & then water is gone but just thought of we're dealing with powder so thats not gonna work (fan)

just rambling on, sorry LOL, just want to stop powder waste.

Just use a little brush like a basting brush or paintbrush to scrape it off the sides onto some foil while holding the grinder upside down. My mini food processor has a bunch of vertical lines around the outside that catch lots of powder and that works for me.

Txclosetgrower said:
Just use a little brush like a basting brush or paintbrush to scrape it off the sides onto some foil while holding the grinder upside down. My mini food processor has a bunch of vertical lines around the outside that catch lots of powder and that works for me.

thanks! I never thought of doing that. I'll try that on my next batch of chile powder that are drying right now.

It's not only those little ridges but also electrostatics that keep a little bit of powder inside. But the brush method works good to save the rest.

Back