• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Magic Bullet

I saw you guys mentioning this lil' machine a couple of times recently and today I saw an advert for it, they are offering it for a pretty good price for an imported machine (around 25 bucks) and so I'd like to know if you can recommend getting one!? What do you use it for, are there any advantages over other blenders etc...???

Thanks for any advice you will give me!

mornin' chiliac

I love mine...the major advantage over other blenders to me is that it completely seals whatever you are blending...no powder escapes cause the blade portion screws onto the top of the containers...25 dollars is a great deal...

I am only using mine for making pepper powder so far but it will blend anything I would assume...except nails... :lol:

Morn' AJ!

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I wanted to hear! :) And it is exactly what I am looking for! Looks like I'll order one then!

Just placed my order, any further opinions are welcome anyway! Had to pay an extra fiver for p&h, but I guess it's worth it and I can't buy it in stores anyway!

I wish they came with more lids, and I wish they would grind a little finer but they are good little machines.

NOW you're telling me! :) Seriously, thanks for your input. I guess I made a good bargain, at least I hope so. You are the first one saying they don't grind fine enough... hm... I just hope it'll be fine enough for me!

I actually read through this thread, but it seems I missed the details, but I won't complain, I guess that it'll grind fine enough for me and thus I'll be happy with it. I have told my mum to dig out her old coffee grinder she hasn't used in decades for me, so I'll have some backup machine in case I need VERY fine powder. Can't wait to try my MB now!!! :)

Hahaha, this is awesome! Gotta watch some more!!!
What are these blades made of, adamantium???!?!?!

Great links!!!! Great links for sure, man!!!!

Adamantium? Is that a d&d reference or a marvel comics reference? lol

I have a magic bullet and use mine daily. But I use mine for blending up protein shakes and stuff.

I am afraid to use it for grinding peppers because I don't know if I could wash it well enough to get the heat out. Dunno how good my vanilla blueberry protein shake would taste in the morning with a little hab dust on the side.

The thing is that the blade seals to the cup using a little silicone o-ring. The o-ring comes out but I dunno... you know how tupperware stays red after you put chili or spaghetti in it? I bet hot cap oil stays on silicone. Or maybe not as I've never tried it.

The magic bullet costs $49 Cad here. Which is about $35 Euro I think?

lostmind said:
Adamantium? Is that a d&d reference or a marvel comics reference? lol

The magic bullet costs $49 Cad here. Which is about $35 Euro I think?

Yes to both (Marvel comics and about 35 Euro!).

I got mine today and I have used it once already to chop some onions. That's the only thing I could use it for today and I wanted to try it really hard!

The only downside of the good price is that the manual and recipe book came in Italian only. Not of too much use (if any) to me! :(:) Whatever, it was a good deal and it works well.

I noticed that buying a set of new silicon o-rings would cost almost as much as a new machine!!! I hope mine will last for a while. Any experiences?

If any of you guys owning a MB happen to have a digital (PDF whatever) version of the manual or know where I can download one, I'd be very grateful!

I wouldn't buy it for that much, as neat as it may be. I was surprised and happy to find it for a third of that.

IMO...you can't go wrong with these. I also agree with AJ, I love the fact that it completely seals the pepper powder in, no escaping unless you open it too soon.

Potawie, you can find more lids, blades and seals on ebay and usually for a decent price.

Next to my dehydrator, it is the most used kitchen appliance that I own.

Back