• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

annuum Mammoth Jalapeno

Ive never got much heat from the jumbo sized jalas. Some of the Mammoths ive grown had hardly any heat at all. Numex Jalamundo are not too bad. Ive got a bunch turning now. Most are fat but not as long as i hoped. Im sure ive had Mucho Nacho just as large as these Numex with more heat.

My Mammoth jalapenos this year were quite large, and most had a fairly high heat level. I made several pints of cowboy candy with them and they had plenty of zing. I think growing conditions have a lot to do with the heat of most jalapenos.

Although production is not optimal here this time of the year, here are a few of my Mammoths I picked yesterday.

3F918D09-3CB6-427D-8E11-CE895B505D08.jpeg

Although production is not optimal here this time of the year, here are a few of my Mammoths I picked yesterday.

3F918D09-3CB6-427D-8E11-CE895B505D08.jpeg
Are these similar to the old Goliath variety?
The only thing that makes me think it isn't is the heat level,the old Goliath variety was virtually without heat so this one sounds unique.

Are these similar to the old Goliath variety?
The only thing that makes me think it isn't is the heat level,the old Goliath variety was virtually without heat so this one sounds unique.

I also remember the old Goliath variety. I grew some several years ago and they were virtually heatless so I never bothered with them again.

Back