• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Man dies after eating chilli sauce

i love media beatups

blame the chilli , blame something... if i get stung by a bee, im off to hospital as may Die,, i have Severe allergic Reaction to bee'.. Wasp's are Ok,, have a severe Allergic reaction to Penicillan, Same have that Will prob die(and have to carry stuff to say, just in case)

allergic reactions can be from anything and can start anytime in life, who knows what his was, he obviously didn't..

The fact it was itching leads me to think it may not have been the chilis.
That is nto a common reaction to chiles, btu is to many other things including wheat.

That sounds like anaphalactic shock due to an allergy..and he'd eeten chilies before. SO, was likely another ingredient or unrelated.

Unless he'd hidden a sensitivity, and thte increased dose tipped it over. Or, the friend changed the recipe to include an ingredient that he was allergic to.

-QS

Surprisingly, this wasn't on the news over here AT ALL or if it was, I haven't seen it. I guess it wasn't, because nobody mentioned it to me or advised me to go easy on myself! :)

I never heard about this before either. Maybe because they're printing enough trivial national 'stories' already, there's no more room for trivial international ones :P

It sounds bizarre, especially because there's no massive death count among chili-eaters.

stillmanz said:
I have had 8 people email me this link lol....they all think I'm going to kill someone ..or my self
lol

yeah i got it 4 times....3 of them wanted more sauce from me lol.

all with the same news link....so only one source. :think:

QuadShotz said:
The fact it was itching leads me to think it may not have been the chilis.
That is nto a common reaction to chiles, btu is to many other things including wheat.

That sounds like anaphalactic shock due to an allergy..and he'd eeten chilies before. SO, was likely another ingredient or unrelated.

Unless he'd hidden a sensitivity, and thte increased dose tipped it over. Or, the friend changed the recipe to include an ingredient that he was allergic to.

-QS

There are a few types of allergic reactions and some are dose-related. Anaphylactic reaction is a non-dose-related all-or-nothing reaction so he didn't have to "overdose". And - except for cross allergic reactions - you really HAVE TO have had contact to the allergen before for developing an allergy. Well, like the baker and the flour.

theHippySeedCo said:
i love media beatups

blame the chilli , blame something... if i get stung by a bee, im off to hospital as may Die,, i have Severe allergic Reaction to bee'.. Wasp's are Ok,, have a severe Allergic reaction to Penicillan, Same have that Will prob die(and have to carry stuff to say, just in case)

allergic reactions can be from anything and can start anytime in life, who knows what his was, he obviously didn't..

No sh@t I just learned that hard lesson lol

QuadShotz said:
man dies from chilles..kewl..more for me. :D

A little insensitive, someone did die.

Back