• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in Startup Help.

Mango/Pineapple Fatali Hot Sauce

decided to make a few bottles of hot sauce today. got in a hurry and forgot to take pictures of the ingredients, etc. but i used 4 fresh mangos, fresh pineapple, lemon juice, a little cider vinegar, a few other ingredients and a good amount of fatalis. ended up with 5 really nice bottles of sauce.

cooking before putting in bottles:
P1020670.jpg

bottled up and in the refrig:
P1020676.jpg

it's got a really nice flavor - a tropical sweetness when you first taste it and then the fatalis kick in. i didn't make it extremely hot, so i think that anyone could pretty much use it. will be good on white meats. pm me your address and i'll send you a bottle.

About how many fataliis did you use? I have made mango hab sauce a bunch of times, but never tried it with fataliis. After looking at this beautiful sauce I will have to make one this year.

About how many fataliis did you use? I have made mango hab sauce a bunch of times, but never tried it with fataliis. After looking at this beautiful sauce I will have to make one this year.

JayT - i had them frozen, halved, and for the most part the seeds removed from the membranes. i would guess that i used somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 pods.

Back