• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Marino's 2012 Grow Log

Hi everybody!

I think I'm gonna start with sowing at the beginning of March 2012.

The seeds are all stored in my seeds book, but I'm having short time till the end of February; moreover I'm not gonna use any lightbox, so I'll grow indoor till the outside temperature is rising again in Southern Italian spring.

I started growing in 2011 for the very first time, reaching the amount of about 25 pots/15 different varieties at the end of May; other 15 were given as gifts to friends and relatives.

My growing list for 2012:

CHINENSE
Bih Jolokia Chocolate
Bih Jolokia Assam
Naga Morich
Fatalii
Habanero Orange
Habanero Chocolate
Habanero White
Habanero Red Savina
Chupetino
Trinidad Scorpion
TS Morouga
T. Douglah
7 Pod
7 Pod Brown
7 Pod Strain I
Pimenta da Neyde
Pimenta Leopard
Pimenta Elisir
ANNUUM
Goat's Weed
Black Scorpion Tongue
Peter Pepper
Ancho Poblano
Early Jalapeno
Fish
Jalabomb F2
FRUTESCENS
Tabasco
Malagueta
Bird's Eye (overwintered)
BACCATUM
Aji Amarillo (overwintered)
PUBESCENS
Rocoto

BACCATUM x ANNUUM F2 (only saved 3 seeds from the only 3 fruits that the F1 plant gave me)

It's a 31-variety list, I know I'm gonna make my blacony suffer again. I cannot keep more than 1 plant per variety, so friends and relatives will benefit even more than last year (I will start growing 2 small plants per variety, then I will focus on 1 plant).

Season's coming, stay tuned.

Hey marino it looks like the 7 pod Chaguanes, but not fully sure going to have to wait until they ripen do you what varieties you had to grow or was it label 7 pod. Hopefully that helps somewhat everything is looking great my pimenta de neyde just started to set it first pepper.
DSCN0535.jpg

thank you so much for the info, will see how it goes... to be honest mine looks paler than yours

Another great update, Marino. Your pimenta leopard looks exactly the same as mine, hopefully yours will be a bit bigger. I just harvest them the other day, the colors were amazing. How it taste no idea, not gonna try either! Way too hot for me as of now ;) The Jalabomb looks great for filling with all kinds of tasty stuff!
the pod is just 4-5 days old, surely gonna grow bigger :halo:
yeah I think I'm gonna fill those jalabomb with some tuna/anchovies, as many people do in my country

had to give some grains of fertilizer to the douglah and the brown 7 pod, too many flower dropping from the plant... hope it's gonna give me some pods to save the seeds

sunday pics

fatalii
dsc07006q.jpg

another fatalii and its nice tail
dsc07010pn.jpg

orange hab
dsc07011m.jpg

7 pod douglah strain 1
dsc07016ck.jpg

TS morouga blend
dsc07019zv.jpg

fish...
dsc07021x.jpg

... this guy has made a mess down here!
dsc07025e.jpg

chocolate bhut
dsc07027m.jpg

pimenta de neyde
dsc07031s.jpg

a scary pimenta elisir
dsc07033o.jpg

succeeded into isolating the first pod with the glue... chupetinha
dsc06991e.jpg

dsc06994h.jpg

dsc06989b.jpg

probably the plant won't be a great producer, this is due to the small pot, but it's the best that I can do with the little space I've at my disposal

Love the shape of those pods, can't wait till mine has some pods. It's currently making buds and some are almost gonna open up :) I understand the Biquinho is the same variety just a different name?

New update

balcony
dsc07037qc.jpg

overwintered aji and red hab
dsc07039.jpg

dsc07040u.jpg

t.s.
dsc07041bw.jpg

7 pod
dsc07043vx.jpg

chocolate hab
dsc07044s.jpg

chupetinha
dsc07045jx.jpg

pimenta elisir (kind of cherry colour, isn't it?)
dsc07048f.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc07049k.jpg

pimenta de neyde
dsc07050u.jpg

[t.b.c.]

first pod setting on this t. douglah
dsc07052j.jpg

bih jolokia
dsc07053q.jpg

fatalii
dsc07055xq.jpg

orange habanero
dsc07056e.jpg

top view of my tabasco
dsc07057b.jpg

ts morouga blend... uhmmm
dsc07058ia.jpg

jalapeno early
dsc07059l.jpg

brown 7 pod
dsc07060a.jpg

t pod douglah strain 1
dsc07061p.jpg

[t.b.c.]

some buds on this red savina
dsc07062t.jpg

red savina left, goats weed in the middle, and then fish
dsc07063l.jpg

fish
dsc07064y.jpg

black scorpion tongue
dsc07065b.jpg

chocolate bhut jolokia
dsc07066i.jpg

malagueta
dsc07070p.jpg

ripening pod on this jalabomb f2
dsc07072b.jpg

and, hopefully, white habanero... just seems too big
dsc07047ju.jpg

thanks for viewing

That's some serious pods over there, looking great Marino! Btw the shape of your white habanero is different also. The pimenta elisir has a nice color too it. Are you getting different podshapes from both varieties? I get different shapes, textures and color on my Pimenta Leopard.

Amazing plants and pods marino the pimentas look great interesting that the elisa did not get streaks like the AISPES variety. Pimenta will be my host plant for couple of combinations I want to try out this year.

Holy pods man. I haven't checked in, in a while but things are looking great!
Great plants! Pimenta Elisir looks marvelous, just like a Naga Morich, but purple! :party:
thank you guys

by the way pimenta elisir pods are darker than shown in the pic... I believe sunlight did such amazing colour effect
That's some serious pods over there, looking great Marino! Btw the shape of your white habanero is different also. The pimenta elisir has a nice color too it. Are you getting different podshapes from both varieties? I get different shapes, textures and color on my Pimenta Leopard.
that white hab is a mistery... will pay attention to the ripening process; mascalzone gave me the seeds, but I remember he had a sort of giant white hab in his hands

clearly different shapes among p. elisir and p. leopard; if you mean comparing plants of the same var., I can't help you, 'cause I've got one and only plant of each var.
Amazing plants and pods marino the pimentas look great interesting that the elisa did not get streaks like the AISPES variety. Pimenta will be my host plant for couple of combinations I want to try out this year.
Thanks. I was also planning some crosses like, chupetinha X pimenta de neyde and fatalii X pimenta de neyde... but it's fuc***g hot and so many flowers are dropping, will have to wait for a warmer weather...

Maybe he's on a holiday, it's summer after all :) About the Leopard, I meant different pod shapes on the same plant. I only got 1 plant of each variety also :) The pods from the second round are different shaped and the color is different also.

Whats up man? Anything goin on in Naples?
Maybe he's on a holiday, it's summer after all :) About the Leopard, I meant different pod shapes on the same plant. I only got 1 plant of each variety also :) The pods from the second round are different shaped and the color is different also.
Hey! There's no rest for a soon-to-graduate italian student like me :D... have been very busy over the last weeks with summer terms, now I'm back with photos of the plants, truly great stuff!

OT: I'll spend 10 days in Sardinia at the beginning of August, if somebody is on the beach down there contact me by mp

aji amarillo
dsc07110kn.jpg

red habanero (who wants them? absolutely don't like their flavour)
dsc07111u.jpg

t.s.
dsc07114b.jpg

7 pod
dsc07118pq.jpg

chocolate habanero
dsc07119i.jpg

chupetinha
dsc07121z.jpg

white habanero (thanks to mascalzone)
dsc07122du.jpg

pimenta elisir
dsc07123x.jpg

dsc07124e.jpg

pimenta leopard
dsc07125e.jpg

[t.b.c.]

Marino congrats on the soon-to-graduate I still have one semester after this summer until I graduate. I never been a big fan of habs, but I do enjoy the congo version and hopefully the giant white habs are good as well. The plants and pods look amazing the pimenta elisir looks amazing. would you be interested in a trade at the end of the season.

pimenta de neyde
dsc07128y.jpg

next 3 photos are from three different plants... but give a look at the similarities!
trinidad douglah
dsc07130d.jpg

brown 7 pod
dsc07131jb.jpg

7 pod douglah
dsc07132t.jpg

orange habanero
dsc07135d.jpg

fatalii
dsc07136p.jpg

clearly not a t.s. morouga blend, maybe an hybrid
dsc07138i.jpg