• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Marital advice anyone??

Cancel all joint credit cards NOW. Then make a decision.

Dude, this in not the first time you've raised this topic in a public forum. I think you are at wit's end. What's it gonna take for you to legally maintain your sanity? It's tough, but try to look at the situation as it stands, and what it will be into the future, objectively.

Don't make idle threats about leaving. If you do leave, make it for good, and if you can, move a-long-long-way-away. Leave the keys, the furniture everything. Just leave. Give her the number of your lawyer so that the divorce papers can be signed and returned. Or if you are feeling particularly vindictive, 5-0 her.

YOU HAVE RE-INFORCED TO HER THAT SHE CAN ACT THIS WAY AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

You have to make an ultimatum and stick to it. With all due respect GROW A PAIR.

There is always one partner who will push the things until they are at the limit.

With us it was ME. Fortunately for ME, my wife plainly put it to me that if I continued that way, she would leave me. Once I saw that she was serious, I became a better person so that I wouldn't lose her.

It was the best thing anyone has done for me.

You have to mean it thougyh, and be ready to pack up your stuff if she lies to you one more time.

I agree with AJ ask her for a drug test ... cant you buy them in stores now??
Once a meth addict always a meth addict -- shut off anything you have in joint accounts immediatly. -- we are all telling you the same advice as the last time -- you arent pulling the trigger and its getting worse

One word for ya: Co-dependant. (ckick it for a test)

Been there, it sucks. Just get out before the cops drag ya out.

Oh, and DV laws are tough...here, the state can press charges even if the partner don't. Think about that.

One phone call, and your life could be over as you know it whether you did wrong or not.

Is it really worth it?

I've been happily single for ten years, and don't see that changing anytime soon. Too much BS.

tc man,

QS

Yeah man, mistake made in one of my relationships yrs ago was both of us thinking we could "fix" the other. It don't work.

If she's into meth...I had a gal who 'used' to do it..or so she said.
Until I caught her doing it. Then a friend of heres told me I might wanna ask her where she was the night previous...guess?

Yup, doing meth and screwing somebody.

Next day her and her 3 brats were out the door on the street where they belonged.

Nowdays I'm just me, take it or leave it..heheh.

The way I think of it, either someone benefits and compliments your life, or they don't. Tough times will happen, but it takes two working together to balance that teeter-totter eh?

-QS

It didnt happen to me but I seen it happen to a friend of mine.He met this woman and fell right in love with her(we tried to warn him...)in the end..He lost his house,his car,if he had a few beers(not drunk)they argued he would leave to cool down.Well she would call the cops saying he was driving intoxicated..Here 2 beers you can loose your licence..He did
He lost his job due to depression because of her..she took all his money
..He went from a beautiful house with a good job to nothing within a year because of her..Like I said we tried to warn him but love I guess does funny things to a person

Makes one think....really does..
Get out while your on top..This could be you(in a matter of words)and that would really suck.I forgot to mention is was into crack..
Every time I read this thread I think of him.....You know what you have to do..

necro don't seem to be listening, we are all saying the same thing and he's taken so web based relationship test the result was moderatly dysfunctional, now most relationship i'd put into this section cos we all have arguments from time to time.
But when one partner pays no attention what so ever to the other and is hanging out in circles were meth, crack or any other junk is involved then that it over, unless you gonna pick up the pipe (you don't wanna do that)
NECRO YOU NEED TO CALL IT QUITS MAN or she is gonna drag you down so far it'll be a long time before you come back up

well, ya gotta learn yer own way, I did.

Cost me a lot and almost sent me to a year in wally world.

he'll learn, one way or 'tother.

He's young.

I'll have the opposite approach....just to be a devil's advocate....

Have a party...a BIG one. Two, three kegs, BBQ grill going and available, loud music...the WORKS!!!

Invite wife's little friend over and tell her to bring a few friends too.

Have all kinds of fun, ignore the idiots..... Get caught getting a hummer in the bathroom from your wife's new friend.

DevilDuck said:
I'll have the opposite approach....just to be a devil's advocate....

Have a party...a BIG one. Two, three kegs, BBQ grill going and available, loud music...the WORKS!!!

Invite wife's little friend over and tell her to bring a few friends too.

Have all kinds of fun, ignore the idiots..... Get caught getting a hummer in the bathroom from your wife's new friend.

Ah, the Bill Clinton approach....:lol:

QuadShotz said:
almost sent me to a year in wally world.
You almost got sent to WalMart for a year?

Yikes!

Jail would be bad enough!

hehe, the only time I've heard "Wally World" used that way was in reference to the WalMart stores.....hehe

Back