• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Massive budding

This is a year old scotch bonnet plant i cut back a few months ago.

P1000061.jpg

Take a look at this branch with tons of buds comming out, I've never seen this before.

P1000066.jpg

Excuse me while I change my tighty whities. I would love to see something like that on my plants. Hope they all turn out.

That is just crazy amount of buds forming for sure but I think cutback is the key word here. After overwintering a plant in early spring if you don't pinch buds that what'll happen. It is important to let the plant grow new growth before allowing to bud again after cutback. Nice pic, how's the brains been doing.

Like PRF said, it happens often with overwintered plant and you should definitely pick off the buds or you'll keep getting lots of tiny pods. You'll also likely want to prune back some of thos long branches or you'll end up with a very droopy plant with a high potential for broken limbs:( I'd also start feeding the plant a little extra nitrogen to encourage more new vegetative growth.

That really looks cool!! But from a growth perspective i cant imagine that being good. Keep the pictures coming !!

Wow I counted 37 in that first pic.
I had 100s of tabasco pods early in the spring once. The plant didn't get much bigger that summer, but it looked cool.
I say hack most of em off.

Back