• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest May 1-2, 2009 Pizza Toss Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlabamaJack said:
great looking pizzas all...I have never tried to make one...

:shocked:Huh?:shocked:

Ok about to make pizzas. First another beer and getting all the ingredients together and chopped. See ya soon.:hell:

I've got #3 and #4 in T-minus beer thirty. Should be a great night. Beer and pizza with THP and the Pacqiao/Hatton fight on.
Woot!

Cheers, TB.

Ok here I am, better late than never. Preview shots: Pizza #1 is a Hawaiian Style pizza with ham, pineapple, garlic-jerk shrimp, mozzarella, goat cheese, red bell pepper, sweet onion, aji red powder, shitake mushrooms, and cilantro.
pizza2-1.jpg

Pizza #2 is a supreme pizza with ham, bacon, pepperoni, red and green bell peppers, habanero pepper, caribbean red, shitake mushrooms, onion, chocolate hab powder, thai powder, fatalii powder, mozzarella, habanero-jack cheese, chipotle cheddar, and romano cheese.
pizza1-1.jpg

JayT, did you pre-bake those doughs?

thehotpepper.com said:
JayT, did you pre-bake those doughs?

Nope. Just olive oiled them poked a lot of fork holes in them and filled em up.

I think it is the lighting in the kitchen that makes 'em look that way.

Okay ya'll, the grill is heating up the pizza stone. I'm on my second screwdriver. Been watching the fights, all the while doing a little prep. I went to the hippy food joint today and got some lovely chorizo and mushrooms which I sauteed off in the cast iron that will go in pizza #3.

0055.jpg

Gettin' down in the Blues Kitchen ya'll and more to come...

Cheers, TB.

JayT! My Ninja! DAAAAAMMMNNN! The Za looks delish man! I had a frozen pizza tonight, and completely forgot this was goin down, and MAN do I feel cheated!

TB, can't wait to see what becomes of that Chorizo and Mushrooms...

Hey ya'll, we're rollin' now. Gettin' down brown in the Blues Kitchen, havin' some brewhaha's and gettin' hot, blue, and righteous with some pizza. This is pizza #3 with chipotle adobo sauce, chorizo, anaheim, serrano, 'peno, garlic, and mozz.

Got it goin' on ya'll with the adobo...

0056.jpg

Got a few toppings here..

0057-1.jpg

Ready for the grill...

0058-1.jpg

Stand by for goodness...Pacman/Hatton about to start...dig it!

Cheers, TB.

Hey ya'll, Hatton knocked out!! Damn..but I knew Pacman would win...'nuff said. Here's pizza #3 in all it's glory..

0059-2.jpg

And on to my plate...

0060.jpg

Stand by pizza #4...truly notorious! It has the spiceenexst!!

Cheers, TB.

JTFC! This may be the best pizza I have ever made!

Goat cheese, green onion, red onion, capers, pequins, smoked salmon. Dough brushed with olive oil and roasted garlic....
Topped with mozz..

0061.jpg

Fresh off the grill....

0062.jpg

The mojo workin'...

0063-1.jpg

Get down with the sickness ya'll....

Cheers, TB.

JayT said:
That is pure genious. Very very nice TB.

Thanks JayT. I HAD to make that one to cool down from the chipotle adobo/chorizo pizza. That one lit me up like a pinball machine on 220! ding!ding!ding!ding!ding!

Cheers, TB.

such a novice!

ImpyChick said:
Thanks guys! It's funny, I thought about doing a brekkie pizza but had no idea how I'd go about it. I'd like to see someone give it a go (ahem...mrs. blues).

Ok, Impy... this is ALL your fault... Your brekkie pizza idea had me thinking yesterday so had TB get some biscuits yesterday when he was at the store... Does it count even though it's a day late? This is what I came up with... Biscuits, Canadian Bacon, scrambled eggs with 4-cheese mexican blend, with more cheddar melted on top, then TB put Hollandaise sauce on his... It will do for my first attempt ~ and I even did it on the GRILL! Man it's friggin' hard to keep that stupid thing temp controlled! Would have been AWESOME with some good ol' country gravy! Next time... TB doesn't usually do biscuits, but he ate it (mostly out of guilt I think ~ and with major peppers added though!) gotta love him! (thanks honey for not laughing me out of the kitchen, instead of just pointing "OUT") :lol:

363254077.jpg

363254092.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back