• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

May I (re)introduce you to: the "Swineapple"

http://imgur.com/gallery/afmArNw

:drool: 

I would probably do this with a small pork loin in the middle, dry rubbed in brown sugar, black pepper, mustard flour and dried scotch bonnets. 

Soon. I will make this soon. Why did I never think of stuffing a pineapple and wrapping it in bacon?!?! I fucking love pineapple!!!! 

afmArNw.jpg

:woohoo: 

I almost tried this this weekend. Bought all of the stuff for it, but I backed out when I started thinking about the cooking rate of the pineapple vs pork. Might be worth pre-cooking the boneless country style ribs or loin for a bit first so the pineapple isn't falling apart and  mushy... but yes, it does look phenomenal! I still have the pineapple unharmed at home, so.....

Phil said:
I almost tried this this weekend. Bought all of the stuff for it, but I backed out when I started thinking about the cooking rate of the pineapple vs pork. Might be worth pre-cooking the boneless country style ribs or loin for a bit first so the pineapple isn't falling apart and  mushy... but yes, it does look phenomenal! I still have the pineapple unharmed at home, so.....

I think you'll be ok. Pineapple is so juicy that even with 5 hours cook time it won't dry out. The bacon on the outside would just flavor the hell out of the pineapple ring - I'd expect much of that to burn. But if you're smoking it, it shouldn't carbonize too badly. 

I think the pineapple would get hot enough to help cook the pork inside as well - like a steam oven. 

grantmichaels said:
This thing's got insane meme momentum ...

No matter, but this is it's 3rd thread ... which I'm not complaining about, I'm rather noting it's meme potential ...You in, LD, 3rd to take it on? ... I think Booma, myself, and possibly tctenten have all decided to take a stab at it ...
Absolutely - I'm just not sure when I'll have the time. If I can squeeze it in after deliveries & invoicing I'll do it tomorrow. If not I may have time on Friday. I think Imma do it as I mentioned above. Might even add some Lucky Dog Pink Label to the mix. :cheers:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
http://imgur.com/gallery/afmArNw

:drool: 

I would probably do this with a small pork loin in the middle, dry rubbed in brown sugar, black pepper, mustard flour and dried scotch bonnets. 

Soon. I will make this soon. Why did I never think of stuffing a pineapple and wrapping it in bacon?!?! I f**king love pineapple!!!! 

afmArNw.jpg

:woohoo:
Wow.
I love fresh pineapple also. and BACON!
But it needs Jalapenos

hogleg said:
Porkupine! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Thats classic! :rofl:

Just call him Bum or it looks like you keep talking about Facebook lol.

Back