• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Meatfreak 2014 Glog

So I've started my grow a couple of weeks ago, 28th of January. I use the same setup as previous seasons, 2x 125watt CFL 6400K lights, black/white foil. First round were the Chinense, about 22 different varieties, mostly superhots and hots. Almost everything germinated within a week and with a total germ rate of 92% I was pretty pleased. I potted them up last week and they quickly showed new growth again. Well enough talk, this is what the plants looked like yesterday, 10 days after transplant and almost 4 weeks from start date.

IMAG3823_.jpg

IMAG3824_.jpg

Devil’s Tongue White (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3825.jpg

This one is a beast, very rapid growth, big leaves and already branching out? Georgia Black (Jason/GA Growhead)
IMAG3828.jpg

IMAG3829.jpg

This season I'm growing out a couple of crosses from friends like Gary/Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, Mike/Elysium Oxide Bonnet and Jamie/Green Hornet F-2. Also some phenotypes that showed up at John's garden, 7 Pot Peach F-2 and 7 Pot Caramel F-2. Of course I'm also growing my own discovery from last season, Pimenta Lisa F-2. Got 2 seedlings going, one has the desired traits so far and the other one is green as grass. Looking forward to growing both out!

Last weekend I started up the second round, mostly Annuum and some Chinense I got in trades these last few weeks. Today the the first ones sprouted after merely 3 days and even Chinense! Well that's it for now, thanks for keeping up so far :D

Portuge said:
Won't be long before your pepper tunnel will be in full swing Stefan... Checked out the website the other day, have to hand it to you buddy for all those amazing peppers and maters you offer on there..
Thanks for the kind words, Portuge. Hopefully I can add some more interesting ones after this season ;)

patrick said:
A man who obviously knows what he's doing. Looking good Stefan.

Man I wish we had a mild winter here. We are way under for the snowfall amounts but the continued cold temps has been brutal.

Best of luck to you and the "tunnel".
Yeah, Patrick I'm really happy we didn't get any snow so far but you never know. If it were up to me we wouldn't have winter at all, growing all year round! :)

Couple of pictures from the Chinese.

Scotch Bonnet Yellow x 7-Pot BS Yellow F-2 (PIC1)

Green Hornet F-2 (romy6)

7 Pot Jonah Orange F-3

Pimenta Lisa F-2 (all green)

As you can see the white foil bounces back a lot of light.

Savory in the tunnel, lots of new growth.

PIC 1 said:
Beautiful plants................save me a few of those PIC 1 seeds for next yr....................... :(
:lol: sure if I will harvest seeds from it I will be happy to send you some. I thought you had a F-2 plant going already last season? Didn't work out or? I'm looking forward to it, it's F-2 now so maybe it will have plants with different traits.

romy6 said:
 You are having better weather than me in sunny cold Florida . Great stuff per usual sir  :party:
Your to kind, sir  :whistle: It's gonna be 66F this weekend :D Forecasts say it's not gonna be any lower then 43F anymore. Things look promising.

maximumcapsicum said:
Plants are looking great Stefan aka meatie! And it looks like some interesting crosses are in the works. Can't wait to see how the turn out!
Thank you, sir  :party:

It's been about 2 weeks now, so time for another update. The Annuum have really grown a lot like expected and the Chinense have started making buds. I left some under the cfl lamp and the rest is in front of the window. Those have gotten a lot taller, internodes have gone from ¼ inch to 1 inch. This week I will start to harden of the Chinense. The Annuum will stay in the growtent for a while to get that extra bit of growth  :)

IMAG3969.jpg

IMAG3970.jpg

IMAG3971.jpg

Nagabrain Chocolate F-2, more distance between the internodes. All part of the plan I have for this season.
IMAG3975.jpg

It's really something else this plant, it grows but yeah not a beauty :lol: luckily I got 2 more plants of this variety that have "normal" growth.
IMAG3977.jpg

These past weeks I've been busy in the garden. We are currently having awesome weather and temperature is very high for this time of year. Not to mentioning inside the tunnel... pfff  :party:

Tomato, eggplant, cucumber tunnel
IMAG3955.jpg

IMAG3963.jpg

Pepper tunnel. Due to back problems I didn't spade this one. Luckily the ground wasn't to compact so it was possible to till it.
IMAG3954.jpg

Just making sure the ground is tilled properly  ;)
IMAG3966.jpg

Backup is on it's way :) Garden is loaded with ladybug eggs.
IMAG3957.jpg

romy6 said:
Holy cow Stefan those plants look perfect but your little girl steals the show as usual :dance:

Gonna be a stellar year for sho !!!!!!!!!! :party:
She loves to come with to the garden, was already asking for tomatoes but had to disappoint her. Gonna be a couple of months before we get some own maters :D How are yours doing?

Devv said:
Can't add much more to Jamie's post!

Woot!

capsidadburn said:
Looks great Stefan!  Glad the weather is helping out too.

Cheers!

buddy said:
very nice!
Thanks, guys! These next days gonna working at the garden and nothing else for me :)

Back