• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Melissa77754 2012 Glog

Hey Everyone
icon_smile.gif

So I figured it is about time I start a Grow log of my own and I will do my very best to keep it up to date. With two kiddos and a massive amount of plants my days can be pretty hectic. I grew jalapenos and serranos last season, had a decent harvest considering the small pot size I used. In July I met a nice lady giving away hot pepper seeds to newbies on GW, decided to give them a try, August met Smokemaster through a generous SASBE offer and the rest is history!! lol

I started a batch in late August so I have some "overwinters" if you will, living in SoCal I can grow year round with the right protection from time to time. I started out with a cheap 12'x7' hoop house and when the winds thrashed that I bought two 6x8 with shelving, still the cheaper plastic hot house type but the shelving makes it heavy and the winds don't phase it. I also have a 6x6 indoor tent with a 4 bulb T5 and 2 monster size CFL's. The growth indoors versus out does not even compare, T5's are amazing! Have to thank my bro for giving me that fixture.

I am hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew being it's my first real season growing super hots mainly. I plan to sell some plants along the way to help fund my pepper growing addiction
icon_smile.gif
My log will be pretty picture heavy which I am sure most will not mind! Enjoy and happy pepper growing to everyone!!
dancingpepper.gif

My grow list (Still need to add, started some more trays after creating this list and haven't had time to update)

"CLUBBED" SCOTCH BONNET (rec'd in trade from canada, this is the shape he explained thus the name)
7 POT PRIMO
7 POD BURGUNDY
7 POT BARRACKPORE
7 POT BROWN
7 POT JONAH BUTCH T
7 POT MOROUGA YELLOW
7 POT ORANGE
7 POT RED
7 POT YELLOW
7 POT YELLOW LARGE
AJI JOE CHOCOLATE HAND GRENADE
AJI LIMON
AJI UMBA
ANCHO MULATO
ARBOL
ARIBIBI GUSANO
BEAVER DAM
BENI HIGHLANDS
BETH MYSTERY PACK
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA INDIAN CARBON
BHUT JOLOKIA PURPLE
BIG JIM
BIKER BILLY
BIQUINHO
BIRGITS LOCOTO
BLACK NAGA JOLOKIA
BRAIN STRAIN
BRAIN STRAIN SR
CANTINA YELLOW
CARRIBEAN RED
CASCABELLA
CAYENNE GOLDEN
CHAPAEU DE FRADE
CHOCOLATE BHUT JOLOKIA
CHOCOLATE HABANERO
CHOCOLATE SCOTCH BONNET
CHOCOLATE T.S.
CONGO BLACK
CONGO RED
COSTENNO AMARILLO
DATIL
DOUGHLAH
DOUGHLAH X BUTCH T
EARBOB PI59272
EL ORO DE EQUADOR
FATALLI
GIANT JALAPENO
GRENADA YELLOW SEASONING
GUYANA PI199506
GUERRITO
HABANERO BIG SUN
HAROLD ST BARTS
HOT HUNGARIAN
INFINITY
JAMAICAN YELLOW
JIMMY NARDELLO
LIGHTNING MIX
MADAME JEANETTE
MANZANO RED
MANZANO AMARILLO
MANZANO ORANGE
MARCONI ROSSO
MOROUGA YELLOW
MYSTERY
NAGA MORICH
NAGABON
NUMEX SANDIA
NUMEX TWILIGHT
ORANGE THAI
PADRON
PEACH BHUT JOLOKIA
PEACH HABALOKIA
PEACH LANTERN
PEACH SCORPANERO
PERUVIAN GOLD
PINK HABANERO
PURPLE BHUT JOLOKIA
QUEEN LAURIE PI1281405
RED FATALLI
RED HABANERO
RED ROCOTO
RED SAVINA
SANTAKA ASIAN
SCOTCH BONNET
SUPERHOT SURPRISE
SUPREME MIX
SURINAME HABANERO
T.S. BUTCH T
T.S. MOROUGA
TOBAGO SCOTCH BONNET
TRINIDAD BEAN
TRINIDAD MOROVAS
TRINIDAD SCORPION
TRINIDAD SEASONING
TRINIDAD SWEET CHERRY
WHIT 7 POD
YELLOW HABALOKIA
YELLOW 7 POT LRG
YELLOW 7 POT X ?
YELLOW BHUT JOLOKIA
YELLOW BRAIN STRAIN
YELLOW T.S.

MY CHOCOLATE HAB IS LOADED WITH FLOWERS!
IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

RED HABANERO
IMG_2787.jpg

Just a small update with some developing pod pics, enjoy!

Cantina yellow
IMG_20120422_182901.jpg

Yellow manzano, full of developing pods and flowers!!
IMG_20120422_183013.jpg

IMG_20120422_182944.jpg

Myster pod and plant, have a couple of these going. Will be great producers, just not sure what they are.
IMG_20120422_183101.jpg

IMG_20120422_183116.jpg

Cascabella
IMG_20120422_183234.jpg

IMG_20120422_184902-1.jpg

Ancho Mulato
IMG_20120422_183505.jpg

Chocolate Habanero
IMG_20120422_183135.jpg

One of my furry mystery plants, I think it is goats weed.
IMG_20120422_183806.jpg

That last one is either a Goat's Weed or Black Cobra...very similar, (maybe even the same) the other mystery is a yellow pepper! lol Looking great! Wish I had some poding up so well. The only ones I have shooting out pods are the annuums, Aji Omnicolor and Wild Brazil so far, but it won't be long 'till mine are there too. Keep ub the great grow and pics!

Shane

That last one is either a Goat's Weed or Black Cobra...very similar, (maybe even the same) the other mystery is a yellow pepper! lol Looking great! Wish I had some poding up so well. The only ones I have shooting out pods are the annuums, Aji Omnicolor and Wild Brazil so far, but it won't be long 'till mine are there too. Keep ub the great grow and pics!

Shane

Thanks Shane! Everything that is flowering like mad is stuff I started back in Aug-Nov, this time next year I should have tons of mother plants producing! I woke up to rain this morning, 80 yesterday, crazy weather! I know wednesday is another rain storm coming my way, luckily my ground needs it!

Melissa

you're really a true mother, your plants is absolutely crazy beautiful,nothing can beat a moms touch to there babies... cant wait to see your harvest with all those babies you got...

Only thing that has me wondering about your "Goat's Weed" plant is it looks to have pendant pods...mine are upturned. Your plant is a little more sprawling than mine too.

Nice udate Melissa!

Sorry to crash in here but ya all got my......"Goat's Weed" up...........lol

Here's a shot of mine from last year.....Shane's right about the upward habit

20110716014.jpg

That's part f living in SoCal. Saturday it was 92... Sunday was 76. And today I work up to rain. Just when I'm getting my plants hardened. It gets cool again ... As with your pods. I'll definitely take your offer with helping your family harvest. Ahahha.aubr if you're not payin attention. I'll take Some plants and stick Em in my pockets. Looks great. Btw. All the plants I got from you are growing new leaves. Moving the purple cuped ones in 5 gal this week. Let me know also which nursery you get your pots. The one I went to yesterday sells them for $1.35. Way too much. Thinking bout getting more
Seeds started. I have the space inside and have lights. I want to try again so I'll have some that aren't too leggy.

Let me know when it's time to harvest.

Only thing that has me wondering about your "Goat's Weed" plant is it looks to have pendant pods...mine are upturned. Your plant is a little more sprawling than mine too.
Nice udate Melissa!

Sorry to crash in here but ya all got my......"Goat's Weed" up...........lol

Here's a shot of mine from last year.....Shane's right about the upward habit
That's part f living in SoCal. Saturday it was 92... Sunday was 76. And today I work up to rain. Just when I'm getting my plants hardened. It gets cool again ... As with your pods. I'll definitely take your offer with helping your family harvest. Ahahha.aubr if you're not payin attention. I'll take Some plants and stick Em in my pockets. Looks great. Btw. All the plants I got from you are growing new leaves. Moving the purple cuped ones in 5 gal this week. Let me know also which nursery you get your pots. The one I went to yesterday sells them for $1.35. Way too much. Thinking bout getting more
Seeds started. I have the space inside and have lights. I want to try again so I'll have some that aren't too leggy.

Let me know when it's time to harvest.

Shane/Greg: Goat's weed was my uneducated guess guys, so I will scratch that off my list! lol. Thanks :) I have some other fuzzy plants, one looks like it will have upward pods.

Denniz: Did I tell you I have security cams in the front and back?? Eyes everywhere, besides all my plants are too big to fit in ur pocket! LOL! :P
I picked up all my 5ga from a lady in Hemet, was a farm/nursery. I have hundreds of both 1 and 5 ga. I have a ton of 15ga too, I got those off some lady in Mission Viejo. Search craigslist, or if you want you can buy some off me! My plants in the ground are actually enjoying the break from the harsh Corona sun!

A few more random pics :)

Biker Billy & Padron in 18 ga tote, both have grown quite a bit since I planted them but the Padron is in the lead.
dc6145f7.jpg

One of the many Mantis babies in my yard and greenhouses, this one is patrolling one of the Red Manzanos. These guys are everywhere, setting up shop for the season! :D
b19f8ee2.jpg

Before and after pics of the tea I make for the plants, pic 2 is after 36 hours brewing.
a8fbd491.jpg

94a2f863.jpg

A shot of my large bed, all planted and ready for take off!
IMG_20120422_183410.jpg

Everything is moving right along in my smaller bed as well.
IMG_20120422_183726.jpg

Just double checked my plant...most upturned but some pendant??? Could also be Chile Negro De Arbol or Black Cobra...its one of those three. Will have to wait 'till pods come out to see! They all look and taste very similar...great for powder! They'll all start green then turn jet black and finally red. Flavor and heat similar to Cayenne.
Your Manzano looks pretty BA as well with your little trooper patrolling the leaf. Your plants have tons of room and some great looking soil to play in, they're going to really take off!

Just double checked my plant...most upturned but some pendant??? Could also be Chile Negro De Arbol or Black Cobra...its one of those three. Will have to wait 'till pods come out to see! They all look and taste very similar...great for powder! They'll all start green then turn jet black and finally red. Flavor and heat similar to Cayenne.
Your Manzano looks pretty BA as well with your little trooper patrolling the leaf. Your plants have tons of room and some great looking soil to play in, they're going to really take off!

Funny you mention Chile Negro de Arbol, I posted a pic awhile back of this pod and smoke plus a few others said it was Chile Negro. BUT this plant has no fuzz to it?! Beth @ Peppermania has a pic of Chile Negro and the plant is very fuzzy. So I am STILL confused about that one! lol
10c428d9.jpg

The hubby and I couldn't wait for it to turn red so we ate it black, great flavor and heat!!

I cannot wait for the in ground plants to take off! A whole lot is starting to flower, smaller plants I am pinching the buds so they get taller and bushier before flowering. I was actually quite surprised my yellow manzano set pods, I thought I would have to wait an entire year for fresh manzanos. Smoke once told me they like to be semi root bound to start flowering. My yelllow is in a 10ga, once the roots hit the bottom it started flowering like mad! The reds were put in to 15 ga which is why I think they have taken a little longer to flower, had more room to grow first.

Hope all your plants start to take off for you. My babies didn't like the extreme heat too much, so I welcome the cooler weather. Temps shouldn't drop too much below 50 so the plants should be fine.

Caught up on your grow and wow things have taken off! You So Cal growers are really starting to get on my nerves with your weather.... ;) That Mystery plant has an insane number of flower buds! wow that thing is a work horse. Oh and keep updating your Ancho Mulato pics. Im growing this for the first time and dont know much about what to expect from it so its cool to see the pod forming on your. Best of luck with your grow.

"Funny you mention Chile Negro de Arbol, I posted a pic awhile back of this pod and smoke plus a few others said it was Chile Negro. BUT this plant has no fuzz to it?! Beth @ Peppermania has a pic of Chile Negro and the plant is very fuzzy. So I am STILL confused about that one! lol"
Possibly "Holy Moly" or Black Paisilla..?

Awesome grow....wow.

WOW.
These pods are looking great. I'm so jealous right now :D
Your plants really took off :)

Hope I get some of your weather across the Atlantic soon, I have everything set up, just waiting the weather to kick in.

What kind of tea are you brewing?

Thats awesome watching you brew your "Worm Tea", Thats what we have going on over here. We make our "worm tea" in 5gallon buckets. Also, the Southern Cali weather has been crazy... one day its hot .. then overcast... the hot again... and im hearing we are getting rain on thursday? My poor plants dont know whats going on :P. Its cool to see fellow pepper fans near me, that share the same weather... Helps me with growing and care tips :D

Caught up on your grow and wow things have taken off! You So Cal growers are really starting to get on my nerves with your weather.... ;) That Mystery plant has an insane number of flower buds! wow that thing is a work horse. Oh and keep updating your Ancho Mulato pics. Im growing this for the first time and dont know much about what to expect from it so its cool to see the pod forming on your. Best of luck with your grow.

Thanks for stopping in, gotta love the cali weather! ;) I will make sure to update on the Ancho Mulato for you, definitely looking forward to trying them out! That mystery plant is a work horse for sure, today the pod had a little purple tint, not sure if it is sun burn or a charecteristic of the pepper? Only time will tell, good luck with your grow as well!

Possibly "Holy Moly" or Black Paisilla..?

Awesome grow....wow.

Thank you!

Hi Melissa, nice work & just love that grow list, jealous as hell.

Mezo.

Thanks for stopping in Mezo, you have one hell of a grow going on as well! :)

WOW.
These pods are looking great. I'm so jealous right now
Your plants really took off

Hope I get some of your weather across the Atlantic soon, I have everything set up, just waiting the weather to kick in.

What kind of tea are you brewing?

Thanks for stopping by my grow log, I hope you get some good weather soon! :) The tea I brew is basically all I feed my plants, it's more than just worm castings. I guess it would be considered a nutrient tea. I am trying to grow the "true living organics" way and part of that is feeding the beneficial microbes in the soil, basically you're soil is full of life. My brother is great at explaining it, me not so much!

Good luck with your grow this season!

Thats awesome watching you brew your "Worm Tea", Thats what we have going on over here. We make our "worm tea" in 5gallon buckets. Also, the Southern Cali weather has been crazy... one day its hot .. then overcast... the hot again... and im hearing we are getting rain on thursday? My poor plants dont know whats going on . Its cool to see fellow pepper fans near me, that share the same weather... Helps me with growing and care tips

Hi there, always great to hear about other people brewing teas for their plants! :) I started off brewing in a 5 ga bucket, but with so many plants now I had to upgrade to a trash can! lol. Gotta love our Socal weather huh? Hoping the rain isn't as strong as the last storm that came through, after it passes warm weather headed our way again! The plants should be happy. Good luck this season!

Wow, love that worm tea setup and look at that foam. Are you using fresh worm castings or bagged? What is your worm tea recipe? Is that chlorine inline filter you use remove all the chlorine/chloramines from the water so you dont have to worry about it killing your beneficial bacteria and microbes? sorry for the many question, been researching worm tea alot lately.

I'll be making a 10-15 gallon worm tea brewer setup this weekend. Cant find a fresh worm casting in houston, but found one online so lets see how that goes.

Back