• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Member's Question Spotlight...

JayT said:
Nova, did we really need to know that? :shocked:

No but i thought i might share it anyway, you see there isn't much that people don't know about me and that was one of the only things i could think of :rofl:

Heres another one-- When i was around 16 years old myself and a mate who i will call Troy (because that is his name) took his fathers brand new Holden Commodore VT for a joyride one night around a town called Macksville, lucky i didn't kill us both but anyway that is not the baddest part.
The bad part is the fact that at the time Norm (Troys father) was the head screw (governor) at a local jail :rofl: He is now the head screw (as far as i know) for ALL the jails in N.S.W.

Damned lucky he didn't catch us in the act me thinks!! :hell:

JayT said:
Moyboy, the question was about pics of you as a child.

Yeah I realised that after reading it again but i just wasn't motivated enough to fix it...

images

Novacastrian said:
No but i thought i might share it anyway, you see there isn't much that people don't know about me and that was one of the only things i could think of

Heres another one-- When i was around 16 years old myself and a mate who i will call Troy (because that is his name) took his fathers brand new Holden Commodore VT for a joyride one night around a town called Macksville, lucky i didn't kill us both but anyway that is not the baddest part.
The bad part is the fact that at the time Norm (Troys father) was the head screw (governor) at a local jail :rofl: He is now the head screw (as far as i know) for ALL the jails in N.S.W.

Damned lucky he didn't catch us in the act me thinks!! :hell:

That is a pretty lame story.....:) Cause as the head screw, he couldn't really do anything anyway so it wouldn't have been all that scary.....so your story has no real point to it and isn't really relivent to the thread........Just a couple of lovers driving around in a car in the dark.......

I have no idea what your talking about, night time driving lover boy....

Now back on track.......The person who nominates the next person needs to send them a PM and if they don't respond after a few days then it's up for grabs.....

AJs responses....

1. Why did you choose your screen name? What is your real name? (optional)........AlabamaJack - my great great grandfather was a riverboat gambler from Alabama and his name was Jack, from the stories I have heard years ago, he was one hell of a gamblin' fool and did quite well...Real name is Ronnie NLNR (no last name required)

2. Why did you join THP?...i have been growing hot peppers for a few years and joined a few other sites, but none were as informative and friendly/jovial as this site and I simply fell in love with it...you can ask anything and get a myriad of responses from smart ass answers that I always get a kick out of to serious ones - I give both kinds...:lol:

3. What's your favorite hot pepper plant?...got to be the Trinidad varieties (7 Pot, Scorpion, Congos) and the Foodarama Scotch Bonnet is now becoming one of my favorites...gorgeous tam shaped yellow pods...

4. One thing people don't know about me is....hmmmm, I talk so much about things I have done in the past, probably not much...I went to Registered Nursing school in the early 70s after I got out of the service but when I found out a civilian nurse couldn't do as much as I could as a corpsman in the navy, I decided this was not the field for me...and I sure as heck wasn't going to go back in the service..

5. My hobbies are...growing hot peppers of course, playing music in our band (Bodie Powell and Borderline), and just getting into online Texas Hold'em...

6. Show a peek of yourself as a child (optional)...only pictures are chiseled in stone and not very easily copied :shocked:

7. My favorite food is...Fried Pork Chops, Turnip Greens, Purlpe Hull Peas and Jalapeno/Habanero Cornbread (Hey Grandpa, What's for supper)

8. My zodiac sign is...Leo

9. One thing I really hate is...people that are not nice to one another or bitch and complain about everything...if you don't like something, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...

10. One of my surprising talents is...I can be good at most anything I try but I only am interested in growing hot peppers and playing my mandolin and guitar...used to be a pretty good weekend golfer with a 6 handicap...

11. One thing I do everyday is...pray that I wake up in the morning and can get vertical for the whole day...

12. If I had a million dollars, I'd...buld the biggest danged climate controlled greenhouse that would fit on my property that you would ever see so I could grow year round...heck, I might even move my bedroom to the greenhouse...

13. One place I'd love to go is...been most places I wanted to go and now am very content being at home...not much of a traveler any more

14. One thing I would want people to say about me when I am 6 feet under is...he was a good, honest, loving man

15. Two things I really love are...my sweet wife Linda and my loving companion Roscoe (weimaraner)

16. One book I enjoyed was...any of John Grishams stuff, especially Playing for Pizza...never laughed out loud so much while reading a book before in my life...

I nominate Derek (Potawie) for the next spotlight...

1. Why did you choose your screen name? What is your real name? (optional).............................
My name is Derek, and my screen name is Potawie which is a made up name sort of in the batman fashion(Pow, kapowie)

2. Why did you join THP?................................
Originally I joined when I had some questions about making chili

3. What's your favorite hot pepper plant?...................................
I'm no longer really into any super-hotties, instead I prefer mild to medium peppers but fresnos, jals, and serranos are probably my most used

4. One thing people don't know about me is.................................
I like to use barnyard sex toys

5. My hobbies are.....
Growing plants and smoking meats

6. Show a peek of yourself as a child (optional)...........................
Broke the camera

7. My favorite food is...................................
Pasta, or Chinese

8. My zodiac sign is..........................................
Cancer

9. One thing I really hate is.....................................
Religious and/or political opinions

10. One of my surprising talents is.........................................
I sure play a mean pinball

11. One thing I do everyday is............................................
Waste a lot of time here at THP:)

12. If I had a million dollars, I'd........................................
Live in a biodome with tonnes of plants

13. One place I'd love to go is..........................................
Caribbean

14. One thing I would want people to say about me when I am 6 feet under is.............................
"His decomposing body sure makes good fertilizer"

15. Two things I really love are..........................................
My plants and my pets

16. One book I enjoyed was.....................................
"Green eggs and ham" by Dr Seuss

I choose to put in the spotlight next........................................

Thehotpepper.com

:rofl: Be sure to send Thp a pm POTAWIE!

I wonder how he will answer the question "why did you join thp"....

:whistle: Move along..... nothing to see here... move along........ hmmm, my hobbies are picking on moyboy, and I joined because someone had to keep you guys in line! Something you don't know about me... hmmm, my new band's first CD is about to drop. Excited about that. I like BBQ, Indian, American, bar food, steaks, Italian.......... Thai... lots. Sorry I didn't format it.

Next up: P. Dreadie

:woohoo: he mentioned me........yeh....um....oh, it wasn't a good mention...:mope:

You didn't put anyone else in the spotlight.....

FAIL

Yes it was. If I pick on you I like you :oops:

moyboy said:
:woohoo: he mentioned me........yeh....um....oh, it wasn't a good mention...:mope:

You didn't put anyone else in the spotlight.....

FAIL

:mope: Well at least he mentioned you....

:leaves the room to sulk:

:P

Back