• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

Nevermind.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432960640.460696.jpg

#RibGuy

d3monic... :lol: at the alien thingy~~~  cracked me up.

Lamb?  that's not Hannibal in the pic is it?  I dunno only seen that movie once eons ago~

Also, for the photobucket-challenged (me included!)  when they talk about "grabbing the IMG code"...
when the pic is uploaded to PB, and you click on the pick, there's a box on the right side with "Share This Image (or something like that)"
In that box are 4 lines, each line is a different kind of link for different kinds of forums/websites/emails/FacePlant...whatever.  You are looking for the bottom code link that starts and ends with like the yaddayadda example The Boss posted.

RightClick or click on that bottom line, it should show "copied", then come back to your THP post and Paste it in the text you are righting where you want the image to be.

Other hints-
set your PB image upload size to Large, THP will automatically reduce it to the right size.  If you are uploading to PB in Small or Medium size, your images will post here as small or medium.  We don't want small or medium size food pics....We Want The MAX!   :lol:

When adding the [img] to your post, tab down so there's a line between pics.  If you post the image right next to your last word it will look like this and could reduce the size of your pic-

wildlife sighted near home-[IMG]http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/bajanuts1/image_13.jpg

Or post with on the next line-
This is what happens when Farmer John is away for the weekend-
[IMG]http://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr267/bajanuts1/image_15.jpg

Now let's see if this works~

Those images are a bit smaller to begin with, but you get the idea~

Wait

Bumper you are Extreme now, you can upload pics directly! :)

You too SL!

Yep, after I ponied up for the bonus package....(trust me, it's worth it!!!)

But back-in-the-day.....I was bucketly-challenged.  Had a bad set of flashbacks recently when all my pics kept getting smaller and smaller and smaller.....

Trying this again with full size pictures-

Ingredients-
IMG_4137_zps0c501b32.jpg

The Ferment-
IMG_4148_zps1bcbd3ff.jpg

hmmmm... interesting...  in the preview, it shows the picture next to the words, but in the post the picture is below the words....

...and because you saw him beg me for a free one

:rofl:

nice

hey, does that mean WaffleBurn gets hot sauces???

What in the hael is all this extreme talk? We be getting that special forum to poop in private...I think been can or spatchcock chicken is in the weekend plans 

can you take a few interprocess snaps of the spatchcocking for a dude that can't read? =)

Back