• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Messing with the TSA

So, I was in Albuquerque and decided to mess with the TSA at ABQ on my way back to Los Angeles. I took a water bottle and froze it. I then put it in my carry-on (backpack) and went through the security check point. The backpack gets x-rayed and they pull out my bottle and say, "You can't take liquids on the plane." I say, "It's a solid." This goes on three times, each with the TSA half-wit telling me I can't take liquids on the plane, I say it's a solid. Gears turn, but fail to mesh. They put the bottle back in my backpack and sent me through.

It's all fun and games til somebody gets a full body cavity search.

"Sir, please touch your toes and say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

chiliman said:
It's all fun and games til somebody gets a full body cavity search.

"Sir, please touch your toes and say Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Hahahaha.

DevilDuck said:
HA!! That's awesome...I didn't think it would work.
For those who don't know, I came up with that idea while crashing at DevilDucks place. He was the one who graciously provieded me with the bottle.

hahah thats pretty funny...i don't think i'd mess with those guys though.

funny they could see the bottle of water. last year i was coming back from texas from an arachnid convention thing and had a bunch of live spiders and scorpions in vials in my backpack that i carried on. luckily nobody said a word and i went right through. i think this year i might just ups them back to my house since i've read a couple stories of scorpions on planes now..they probably wouldn't take to kindly to me bring some on the plane. not that they would've in the first place. :)

xgrafcorex said:
...i've read a couple stories of scorpions on planes now..they probably wouldn't take to kindly to me bring some on the plane...:)

I can just see the next Samuel L. Jackson movie in the works now...Scorpions On A Plane...make sure they pay you for the idea xgrafcorex!
"Scorpions on a m*therf*ckin' plane!!" can be the new tag line!:)

V good. NIcely done.

I think I'd have said "OK, hot shot, go sit in that room for a couple of hours till it's melted, then we'll try again. Or you can leave it here and catch the plane. Your call"

But then again, I'd probably not have been that quick :)

imaguitargod said:
So, I was in Albuquerque and decided to mess with the TSA at ABQ on my way back to Los Angeles. I took a water bottle and froze it. I then put it in my carry-on (backpack) and went through the security check point. The backpack gets x-rayed and they pull out my bottle and say, "You can't take liquids on the plane." I say, "It's a solid." This goes on three times, each with the TSA half-wit telling me I can't take liquids on the plane, I say it's a solid. Gears turn, but fail to mesh. They put the bottle back in my backpack and sent me through.

Jon:

If you really wanted to have fun, you should've added a thermometer. a timing device and a couple batteries. Tell them you are seeing how long it takes to melt. Tell them your Sudanese proffessor assigned it in your anarchy class.

:shocked: well done imaguitargod , reminded me of this:-

"The highway cop said, 'Walk a straight line.' I said, 'Well, Officer Pythagoras, the closest you could ever come to a straight line would be making an electrocephalogram of your brain waves.' He said, 'You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Do you wish to retain that right?'And I thought, 'Oooh, a paradox!'" --Emo Philips

bentalphanerd said:
"The highway cop said, 'Walk a straight line.' I said, 'Well, Officer Pythagoras, the closest you could ever come to a straight line would be making an electrocephalogram of your brain waves.' He said, 'You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Do you wish to retain that right?'And I thought, 'Oooh, a paradox!'" --Emo Philips
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That's awesome!!!!

Back