• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Matt! Thank you so much for the package. I've already have eaten all of the Chieros. Some I'm nervous about, considering the video I've watched of you going through. I know you are probably leaving soon overseas, my cousin/brother just got back, be f-ing safe and expect to make some more awesome videos when you get back! Cheers.

Edit: New Page Woot!

Trying to get the vid to pre-load on youtube now. Funny you say it was sweet and not the hottest of the 7's. Its probably the 3rd hottest overall I've tried so far (behind the Brain and Infinity), and the flavor for me tasted like dish soap! Could have something to do with where they were grown. Hope mine turn out with a sweet heat like that!

Brandon...don't you know better than to let your toddler play with FIRE!!! Lol too cute man. Her exp<b></b>ressions look just like mine do when I receive a box of pods!

Yea, it is interesting that some pods hit people differently and vary in heat from growing location. That sweet heat was definitely a welcomed experience.

Great pod review that 7 pod barracapore look awesome with the placenta blanket, but that is interesting a candy flavor I have two late start plants that starting to flower can not wait to try hopefully they look gnarly and have the same flavor.

Thanks Fernando! When I cut that batboy open, I was pretty surprised at how much placenta was in that thing!

"OMG how could you have done that to Rob!" My wife's laughing her ass off lol.
Great review buddy, I'm going to go straight for your Doughlah today :hell:

Unforgivable.

Hey the video is actually loading on me!

The drip line tape was for the empty spots, so you don't just water the ground between plants or rows, and the flow stays where you want it. Your not kidding about the rain...but that only happens because we have drip lines and timers!
Time to watch the vid!

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Correct, you are AWOL. Haze yourself......LMAO[/background]

Thanks Dave. Enjoy my pain!

That's a sexy-looking grow you've got going there, Matt!

WOW!! To what do I owe the pleasure? Thanks for stopping in, I am glad you find my plants "sexy"!

Candy-like???
Can't wait for next year!!
Those are one the List!

I couldn't stop laughing with your "hmmmm's"
You have several btw:
Hmmmm: wtf did I just do
Hmmm: Where is my safe place
Hmm:Whats this taste like...hmm I don't know,because ITS F'ing HOT!

Good review!
That not white 7 pot,you think that's just a ref red or org 7 pot?

Spectacular pods, bro. Some of those are HUGE. :onfire: Aaaaashhhhhhh :onfire:
There is so much heat on that towel, I'm surprised it just didn't burst into flame!

Candy-like???
Can't wait for next year!!
Those are one the List!

I couldn't stop laughing with your "hmmmm's"
You have several btw:
Hmmmm: wtf did I just do
Hmmm: Where is my safe place
Hmm:Whats this taste like...hmm I don't know,because ITS F'ing HOT!

Good review!
That not white 7 pot,you think that's just a ref red or org 7 pot?

Lol. I am freaking :rofl:. The wife was like, you do that! Anyways, as soon as I started last night's review, I was like hmmmmm. Lol.
I don't think that the not 7 pot white is the same as the 7 pot original, it is way more "balloon-like" than the original. Also, it is not bumpy at all. But I am gonna give it a taste nonetheless.

Spectacular pods, bro. Some of those are HUGE. :onfire: Aaaaashhhhhhh :onfire:
There is so much heat on that towel, I'm surprised it just didn't burst into flame!

Thanks Paul! I think that the plants being in the ground help with the size of the pod. They all are pretty massive.

Thanks for stopping in, Scorpaneo#2 review to follow shortly!

Deng. Will I ever reach your levels f eating whole/half pods. Wow. Great review. Keep up the grow. I know I bug a lot. How's them CCN plants. Thinking about ordering from them.

KD

Lol. I am freaking :rofl:. The wife was like, you do that! Anyways, as soon as I started last night's review, I was like hmmmmm. Lol.
I don't think that the not 7 pot white is the same as the 7 pot original, it is way more "balloon-like" than the original. Also, it is not bumpy at all. But I am gonna give it a taste nonetheless.

Thanks Paul! I think that the plants being in the ground help with the size of the pod. They all are pretty massive.

Thanks for stopping in, Scorpaneo#2 review to follow shortly!

Hmmmmmmm the not white 7..Would you then believe it to be a bigger beefier hab then?

Hmm

LOL

Deng. Will I ever reach your levels f eating whole/half pods. Wow. Great review. Keep up the grow. I know I bug a lot. How's them CCN plants. Thinking about ordering from them.

KD

Denniz,just stick a hole choc hab in your mouth,Get your baseline :)
Since you've started your pod taste tests,I'm willing to bet your tolerance is growing by the day
I bet you would even surprise yourself. The other day I was walking by the Hab,and just grabbed a pod and threw it in my mouth.Just to see what would happen. To my surprise, It burned for maybe 30 secs,and then kinda faded. I was like whoa wth did I even eat one? 4 months ago,not a chance!
I actually could move it around in my mouth searching for each taste..I could taste it more than the heat,if that makes any sense...
I have a feeling we will have a Denniz video review of a whole pod coming up VERY SOON my friend...
And you can bet your A$$ Matt will be there with you in spirit with his "Hmmmmm's" cheering you on!!! :dance:

Wow Matt! Just what I expected to see when I opened your glog. I've been out of town for work and haven't been around til this weekend. But man o man your pods look delectable. Way to go man, you got it goin on my friend! :hot:

Just had a ginormo harvest, so Ill be back a bit later with some responses and pics. But here is the Red Scorpanero#2 Pod Review for ya'll to chew on.
So I had a request for this one and I told you I would bust it out, so here is the Red Scorpanero#2. I wasn't going to let myself get taken by surprise again by one of Joe's creations, so I prepared myself for this one. It was pretty damn hot to say the least. I was waiting for it to kick me in the teeth, and it was definitely up there.

On taste. Fruitier than most TS pods I have encountered. Although it was fruity, it was more dull than BAM in your face. It had a thick skin, and the flavor lingered, albeit subtly, throughout the whole experience.

On heat. This was a hot one. I spoke a bit about how when you cross, you can expect a bit of dropoff based on the milder pepper you use, well this one had some pretty gnarly heat to it even though it was crossed with a Hab. The heat took about 10 to 20 seconds before it hit, but then it built for another 3 minutes or so before it peaked. It was a 100% mouth burn, with concentration on the tongue (both top and bottom) and lips. No pain to the throat or stomach.

In the end, it is a great producer and a great looking pod. My plant has at least 30 pods hanging off of it, and they are all pretty uniform. Also, c'mon, it is a dollar for seeds from Joe....can't beat that!

Matt, I am proud of you for being able to laugh through the
pain (at about the 5:15 mark); made me laugh out loud myself :D

Awesome review Matt the Yellow Scorpanero got me next year I will switch it and grow the red they are great pods overall. A dollar is an unbeatable price. I am using the peanutbutter and milk when I try half a pod.

KD

The first super pod I ever ate was Brian (Justaguy)'s Yellow TS. It was my first video review, first super pod, and first pepper I ever ate hotter than a jalapeno. Nothing TRULY prepares you for for the hell ahead, so just pop one in your mouth, smile, and hang on for the ride!! Also, I showed a bunch of my CCN plants tonight in my video, so when that is up you can see them. But overall they have bounced back pretty well. They aren't putting as many pods off as my other ones, but for the most part only one or 2 aren't on par with the others.

And you can bet your A$$ Matt will be there with you in spirit with his "Hmmmmm's" cheering you on!!! :dance:

Hellz Yea I will!! :dance: :Danc: :onfire:

Wow Matt! Just what I expected to see when I opened your glog. I've been out of town for work and haven't been around til this weekend. But man o man your pods look delectable. Way to go man, you got it goin on my friend! :hot:

Thanks J! I am getting to the "what in the hell do I do with all this??" point! I need to get a dehydrator or my freezer is going to be overflowing!!

Matt, I am proud of you for being able to laugh through the
pain (at about the 5:15 mark); made me laugh out loud myself :D

LOL!! I am here for you Paul! :)

LOL....Man I can't stop watching these!

Greatness!!!!

Thanks! lol! I am gonna take a break for a day or two to let myself recover. I need to pull a lot of seeds for stock, and I taste every pod while I am seeding. I can't taste a dozen pods, AND eat one in the same night. I am crazy, but not stupid! lol!

Awesome review Matt the Yellow Scorpanero got me next year I will switch it and grow the red they are great pods overall. A dollar is an unbeatable price. I am using the peanutbutter and milk when I try half a pod.

Thanks Fernando! You may just get to keep that dollar.... :), I had a kick ass harvest today....

Like I alluded to above, I couldn't stop pulling pods of plants today! So far the only things that aren't ripening are the peach varieties, and my Yellow BJ. But other than that, they are pretty damn consistent. I am going out of town next weekend, so I am gonna try to pull a bunch off next weekend before I go, but when I get back I am willing to bet that I will have to get a damn bucket to hold all these pods!

Anyways,
1bd23f97.jpg

Here are some shots of the new ones I haven't showcased yet:

92270a73.jpg

04792aec.jpg

e614c19b.jpg

71f65b71.jpg

And some critter shots.

I think this is an Eastern Amberwing, but I am new to this...

3a76fc32.jpg

72bf8fe1.jpg

ac2a2ad5.jpg

About 20 minutes for the video, I may get to it tonight. If not, it will be on my Tube.

Thanks for stoppin in!

Matt! Thank you so much for the package. I've already have eaten all of the Chieros. Some I'm nervous about, considering the video I've watched of you going through. I know you are probably leaving soon overseas, my cousin/brother just got back, be f-ing safe and expect to make some more awesome videos when you get back! Cheers.

Edit: New Page Woot!

Sorry I missed this! No problem on the pkg, just sharing the heat! Thanks for the well wishes, I can't wait to get it over with and get back here to the family and the garden!

You're getting some nice little harvests, well done. Are those Yellow Cardi's in the top right here?

Thanks SG! I am not really sure if they are CARDI or not. They are from seeds I pulled out of Justaguy's pods last summer. I am selectively growing, and I one of those two is probably the best I have seen as far as shape. I am giving it another day or two before I pull the seeds out of it (I want it good an ripe!). Thanks for stoppin in, how is your Giant BJ doing also?

Here is the vid, just in time for bed!

http://youtu.be/Nz3B2s2wnW8

Thanks again Matt I have some so called peach bhuts they haven't ripen yet but starting to pod up that I will send you once ready if they turn true it has about 3 pods right now that are a decent size, but with the shade cloth hopefully it will help more flowers pod up. I didn't see if you were growing the 7 pod Chaguanes #2 and pimenta de neyde that I will also send you with whatever else I notice I have that you may not. Amazing harvest soon you going to need a table like SS.

I bet I know what this guy is thinking.....Hmmmm
haha

I do have a question,in one of your videos you mentioned making a seed stock. I just recently read where some people will put about 20 seeds from different pods on the plant(don't recall the verbiage they used),and put them in a wet paper towel for a week or so. To test the germination rates. Do you do this as well?

Nice pull Matt! :clap: Great critter shots as well! Gonna try to check out the vids now.

Great vids too brotha...focus was kinda pissing me off there toward the end. Finally pulled the container plants huh...funny 'cause almost every pod I've pulled so far this season is off a container plant. My ingrounds are just growing their asses off and podding, but not many ripe yet. Soon though. Enjoy your last couple weeks man...

Back