• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

MIA

hey, remember me? :P lately i've been neglecting the forums i'm a member to and figured it's about time i stopped in to see if this place hadn't crumbled into complete anarchy.

should be around more as i have plenty of free time..i've just spent it doing things other than posting on websites i guess. working out is something i've done plenty of, and hanging out with my parents a bunch. i'm currently living with them until i (FINALLY!) attend OCS. (which is in newport, RI instead of pensacola, FL like i thought for a while)

today i got a call from NRD Tampa and they said my final selection letter should be received by the end of the week..which means i'll know the date that i begin my 13 weeks of fun in newport. at least it will be warmer up there! should be late march at the earliest..probably sometime in april.

don't know if i posted any more info about the navy thing since my ancient post stating my plans for the future. anyway..since then, i've had the pleasure of going through MEPS...any former/currently active (do reserves get the privilege as well?) know how fun that is. also, i was selected for SWO (surface warfare officer)..so i'll get to spend plenty of time on a ship. sort of a mixed blessing in my opinion. i think it will be great to travel, but being out at sea a lot means i won't be able to resume keeping arachnids or reptiles for some time. :( can still drink beer, play guitar, and burn my mouth off though!

Welcome back!

I wondered if you'd already left for the navy. I'm glad you're getting to do something you want.

If you like Jimmy Buffet, you are about to experience what he has with his island hopping. Look at it as an adventure with the possibilities of a future Admiral XGRAFCOREX on the bridge giving commands to 50 warships and twentyfive thousand sailors.

Make some memories you can tell your children about.

thanks everyone. sorry for being away. i plan on eating the hottest foods i come across wherever i wind up!

haha if there's an admiral xgrafcorex, then i'll send you a care package!

Good luck! X Navy here, but never on a ship ;) 3.5 years in the Philippines :) Never did the MEPS thing either, straight off of the plane from Germany to Great Lakes boot... I think I missed out ;)

Take care

Congratulations, good luck and thank you for your commitment to serving our country.

AKButch (USAF Special Forces 1966-1970)

DevilDuck said:
MEPS = "Turn your head and cough" :lol:

and then some! :shocked: the whole ordeal began at 6:30 am and lasted till about 2:30 pm. i was the first person to leave too because i had already done the application process.

DevilDuck said:
MEPS = "Turn your head and cough" :lol:

Don't forget the part of jumping around for 20 minutes in your underwear, DD.

Oh yeah, welcome back Brian. An SWO, huh? Good deal. Hope you like dimly lit rooms to work in....the last CIC i was in it was pretty dark in there.

hah yea that part was fun...the duck walk was surprisingly harder than i was expecting.

got my orders today! start OCS April 13th. still have a few more things to do before then, besides working out continuously. should be in the best shape of my life in a few months.

SWO has it's ups and downs from what i've been hearing and reading. seems like it would put a lot of stress on a relationship..fortunately i'm single. though i don't plan on staying that way for too long. who knows. i was told after 3 years i could put in a request to change MOS but to wait till i was pinned SWO before moving. only time will tell. gotta run.

Back