• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

mike patton

Annoying to these ears though the Fantomas stuff is interesting.

I like FNM much better when Chuck was the singer.

imaguitargod said:

MIKE PATTON ;):lol:

the most famous band you'll know him from is Faith No More, he was the singer.

chuck - I was out of the music scene for awhile so I missed out on the tomahawk & fantomas projects, which I cant find them on CD or buy them online where I've looked. but I have all the Mr.bungle & FNM cds & the 1st Peeping Tom cd (which is a really cool album, even better than Mr.B California album)

"Annoying to these ears " LOL so I suppose you dont like "Dog Fashion Disco" either ? they're kinda like Mr.Bungle/Peeping Tom with a jazz/big band kick to it.

I am a severe Mr. Bungle fan.

I saw them live in Raleigh, NC in '95. Picture a 18 piece orchestra dressed as executioners(hoods and black pants-no shirts) and you'll get an idea of what that night was like......i think i woke up 3 days later after it.

And, how can you argue with a guy who writes a song called "Everyone I Went To High School With Is Dead"? Although, i prefer either the self-titled album or California over Disco Volante. I once heard a cassette they released in like 1986 or 1987 called "Bowl of Chiley"...it was killer. If it can be found, it's worth every dime(at least to me it is).

Oh, and Jon, i was introduced to Mr. Bungle as a type of "heavy metal carnival music", in case you're wondering what it's like.

i've never listened to mr bungle before..i've had some of these when i told a few people that: :shocked:

i know him mainly because he became the lead singer of the dillinger escape plan. once he joined, besides the vocals changing, the whole sound of the band seemed to change. unfortunately i love the older band, but haven't kept up with them after hearing some of the more recent stuff.

I think hes a great artist, he has a wide range of musical talent/broad spectrum & jams/makes songs with a wide range of other artists (Ex. including Norah jones)
but I can also see how some could say its not their type of music.

sickmont - yea I agree that "california" & "Mr.B" is way better than "disco volante"
IMO Peeeping Tom is even better than the California album. & if you like this style of music I could almost guarantee you'd like the band "Dog Fashion Disco" I think their album "committed to a bright future" is the best.
which then also the band "Primus" is great too.

XG - I did not know of him joining the band "dillinger escape plan" I guess that went right by me also, I have some catching up to do. just goes to show you mike patton does alot of different kinds of music.
even if someone dont like him you gotta give him some credit for his range of talent vocally & musically.

there this new band (well not truely new but still kinda small time) I just heard them & they crack me up with their stuff, I forget the name, something Pierce ? or ? the singing plays with a band & then does his own stuff also, songs that'll make you just bust out laughing (Ex. sex,marriage,etc...)

Back