• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

MikeyV's - grow season 2010

Mjdtexan said:
Is there any reason other than saving electricity for only running it 10 minutes for every hour as apposed to just leaving the fan on ?

I dont think having a fan run constantly is needed. But idf it comes down to it I'll just switch it on and off manually. Like I've said, this is my first go at this so I'll see how it goes this season and try to improve next year!

jjs7741 said:
If you run the fan constantly, the seedlings can dry out quicker.

jacob

I am noticing that they do dry out a lot. I guess I will go get me a timer because I will forget for sure.

Here's an update. Most of my seeds have sprouted after 10 days. I've had 88% of my seeds germinate with a few of the remaining looking like they will be pushing up soon.
P2020199.jpg

P2020198.jpg

The first set of true leaves are now forming on a lot of the plants. Gonna have to move my lights up soon as some of the seedlings are getting within 1/4 of an inch! I think next time I will sew the seeds a little deeper to try and avoid the seed "casing" from coming up with the seedling. Happened on 7 or 8 seedlings. Thanks for looking!

I have noticed alot of people have seedlings with purplish stems, whats with that? All mine have always been green.

Nice start Mikey.

Lookin' good Mikey. Great pics.

Thanks everyone!

Matt50680 said:
I have noticed alot of people have seedlings with purplish stems, whats with that? All mine have always been green.

Nice start Mikey.

Not sure. They seem to start out green from seed and turn the purplish colour. Anyone wanna tackle that one?

I asked this question in in a thread a week ago I I don't know how to link threads yet. But its called "purple stems?"

I've got purple stems on just 1 variety out of 13, and they're all planted in the same medium and getting the same light. So, my guess is that this particular variety (Choc Hab) is predisposed to having purple stems on seedlings, especially since the seeds came from two different sources, and the seedlings from both sources have purple stems.

So, I guess the question to ask is whether or not this is different varieties, and whether they're all in the same medium with same lights.

They're doing well thanks. Many of them are on to their 2nd set of true leaves. I have also noticed that a lot of them have some really good root growth. Time to pot up! I will post some new photos soon.

I just got home from being away this weekend and am quite impressed on how much growth my plants have put on.
Group shot:
P2140216.jpg

Bhut Jolokia:
P2140218.jpg

Red Savina:
P2140219.jpg

Fatalii:
P2140220.jpg

Makes me wonder what size plants I'm gonna have on my hands come plant out!

Back