• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mildfruit 2022. Greenhouse edition.

Oh boy, here we go again.
I joined this lovely forum back in 2018, been a lurker much longer though. At that time I was a student living in a small apartment, trying to learn all I could about indoor growing. Mostly because I didn't have outdoor space, and when I had a hobby that demanded I grew something, I had to get creative.
I loved the control of growing indoor, and trying to create optimal growing conditions for the plants.

However, late last year I bought my first house with a garden, and fortunately I got a greenhouse as a birthday present from my girlfriend and friends.
So my dream of growing plants in a greenhouse is finally coming true!

The gear:

halls-universal-drivhus-99-m-sort-m3-mm-glas-inkl-fundament.jpg

Unfortunately this isn't from my garden, this is the picture from the website :lol:
IMG_0386.jpeg

This is my process so far :D A picture from late January, without snow! I still need lots of work before the greenhouse is ready. I need to dig out the dirt and replace it with gravel before I lay some flagstones. This part of the garden is faced in the north/south direction so I think it will be perfect.

Luckily I have lots of people to help me, so I have no doubt that the greenhouse will be ready before mid May, which is the usual time to transplant plants into the greenhouse in my country.

In my last glog I experimented with autopots, and I liked them so much that I have bought additional autopots for the greenhouse, and a big 225L (59.5gallons) water reservoir.

I also experimented with diffrent kinds of fertilizer over the years, mostly kinds that where designed for hydroponics or coco choir. This year I will try soil so I had to find a new source for fertilizers. I went with a danish product called 'Hornum Gรธdning koncentrat'. Its a fertilizer made in the national research station for professional use, and as a total newbie in a greenhouse environment its a match made in heaven :halo:

Plants!

NameVendor
Jalapeno Lemon SpicePlantekasse.dk
Jalapeno Craigs grandePlantekasse.dk
Murupi AmarelaPlantekasse.dk
F2 Dutch chili x Ancho poblanoOwn cross
Cayenne OrangePlantekasse.dk
White bhut (White W strain)Whitehotpeppers.com
T-Rex YellowWhitehotpeppers.com
De ArbolPlantekasse.dk
Ancho PoblanoFataliiseeds.net
Golden MarconiSemillas.de
Grenada SeasoningWhitehotpeppers.com

I am growing some of the same plants as last year, but with a change in vendor. Also some new varieties.

Besides peppers I am also growing some cucumbers, tomatoes and a single Pineapple cherry plant.
Its been really hard to settle on the growlist above, I know you all know the struggle. So there might be a slight last minute change :P

The seeds will properly hit the dirt in the next few days.

Hope you will enjoy this journey with me ๐Ÿคž

Great close to the season, Rasmus! You could put
a little electric heater in that greenhouse for winter
dining out! Your greenhouse still looks brand new,
and easy to sweep out, unlike my gravel floor :rolleyes:

Awesome first season with the greenhouse, MF! Many more to come, I'm sure.

I'm looking forward to seeing your cool new gear come spring. Seems far away right now, but it won't be all that long before we're dropping seeds and getting ready for the new season.

Cheers!
Thank you, Iโ€™m glad you followed along and are ready for more ๐Ÿ’ช
And i completely agree, and I think itโ€™s healthy to have a little break until the next season, even though the search for seeds have already begun in my head ๐Ÿ˜…

Great close to the season, Rasmus! You could put
a little electric heater in that greenhouse for winter
dining out! Your greenhouse still looks brand new,
and easy to sweep out, unlike my gravel floor :rolleyes:
Haha I actually made that suggestion to my partner in crime, but she made a great argument against it by showing me the heating and electricity bill๐Ÿ˜ฌ but maybe when/if the world returns to normal.
Thanks for the kind words, I hope it will look good as new after a thorough cleanup ๐Ÿ™

Back