• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

MiLK_MaN's pepper patch - 2009-10-11

So finally we got some decent weather this weekend, I was starting to think spring was never going to arrive.

For those they havent read any of my previous season threads, I generally grow my superhots in the front yard, since my house faces about 10 degrees north. All the houses in my suburb generally have the house take the majority of the block of land, therefore not a lot of sun ends up in the backyard.

Here are some pics of my progress, some of the plants are 2nd or 3rd year plants from previous seasons, others are new.

DSC01976.JPG

DSC01977.JPG

Below is a PI355812 that seems to be doing alright, and is flowering quite heavily already.
DSC01978.JPG

DSC01979.JPG

I call this the Rocoto/Manzano corner. There's a Goats Weed in there as well, but I've cut it back so you can't really see it, but it will end up taller than the other plants.
DSC01981.JPG

More seedlings
DSC01983.JPG

Lets hope it warms up. My 2 x 5000L water tanks are full, my worm farms are doing great, and I hope my new potting mix that I've made up works wonders.

I also have 17 strawberry plants of 3 different varieties, a blueberry plant that I'm plucking the flowers off for the first year so it can focus on growing, and a solitary tomato plant.

Lookin good there Milk Man. It's nice to finally get some Spring weather :)
Great Rocoto too, got to love how huge they get.

Micca

hey milkman. youre pots looks like a little army guarding your front lawn. good luck with your seedlings

Pepperfreak said:
That is soo cool how they are all arranged out front. Have you gotten any strange comments from the neighbors yet?

Heaps of people stop to chat when I'm out the front watering or potting up some plants.

I've had a few fijian people ask if they can have some pods, and I gave them some last season. They love their bird peppers, although I have to remind them the african birdseye is from africa, despite being told it looks just like a chilli they have back home.

I've tried to space the pots out so I can at least fit a lawn mower in between the pots. I guess next season I'll end up ripping up the awn and putting some weed mats or gravel down. I'm going to have to keep up with pruning, otherwise it's going to be impossible to get to the pods with the way the pots are laid out.

I hope your season goes well for you. I have just put some chillies out the front of my house in a shadehouse but am still scared that someone is going to steal them, even though they have to get through all the Cacti first! Fingers crossed no one takes yours considering they are so close to the footpath.
The Choc bhuts you gave me are all starting to grow nicely. Thanks again for them.

chilliman said:
Nice setup, good luck this year !
Do you have many issues with hoodlums ?

Last year with the chilli hedge, I had no issues. The area I'm in has a large majority of families + retirees, and a lot less rentals.

Having said that, our street did make the herald sun this year for having something like 8 cars broken into in the same night, but thankfully that was up the other end.

Wildfire Chilli Australia said:
The Choc bhuts you gave me are all starting to grow nicely. Thanks again for them.

Awesome to hear. I've probably got about 3 or 4 of those going including one plant from last season, as well as about 4 or 5 Orange Bhuts.

Back