• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Missfires,Crosses with potential

pix0316.jpg
[/IMG]
This was supposed to be Jamaica Red JF,An annum squash type.I like the large blockiness of it,might be a good frying pepper for sofrito.
pix0317.jpg
[/IMG]
This is supposed to be Thai Orange CMP,Pods almost black.Was grown near Scorpion Tongue,andPiment De Neyde.Pods have been on a while,no tinges of red,no softening of pods,will it ripen black or red?

Wow! What a great black Thai (or maybe Cayenne) :) It's possible that they will stay black after ripening, but maybe they'll become red or orange.

Those are real cool. One looks kinda like a pasilla, but..
Jamaica Red JF? What's the JF mean? It sure is large; whatever it is.
What is CMP?

The accidental hybrid I'm growing that looks the best is a dwarf black pearl with purple cone peppers. It's a prairie fire x bolivian rainbow x black pearl.
Almost forgot; I started a bunch seedlings of prairie fire x black hungarian or czech black, I'm not sure which.

Here's it is next to a bunch of others. The pod that's on it is an attempted cross with goat's weed. I also took pollen from it and transferred it to a goat's weed flower that is ripening now.
pichur098.jpg

I can't wait to start my PDN crosses too.

I havn't tasted either...OK,very hot Thai type burn,front of my mouth heat.tastes green still..Stem is purple too,a bit like the Scorpion TongueWill have to wait for ripening I guess,My PDN's have no pods yet,just blooming now.Still hot but fading a bit.The letters after the name of the pepper indicate seed provider.I'd post a flower pic but my camera sucks!Would be a blurr!

Back